• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Need Help With Focusrtie Scarlett 1st Gen Routing For SPDIF Out

Trdat

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I bought this second hand and not sure if I can register to get support from the company.

I am trying to connect the Scarlet to my DAC from the SPDIF out to use with REW.

I just can't get check levels to get any sound out of it in the measurement box in REW. Any ideas?

This is what my mix controller looks like.

1671642376289.png

mdsimon2

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It looks like you are trying to route analog input 1/2 to SPDIF 1/2, is that correct?

You mention you are using REW, I think you actually want to use DAW 1/2 routed to SPDIF output 1/2.

Michael

OP
Trdat

Trdat

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
It looks like you are trying to route analog input 1/2 to SPDIF 1/2, is that correct?
I absolutely have no idea. Lol. What I am trying to do is connect the Focusrite SPDIF output into the coxial input of a DAC and then try and measure with Focusrite ASIO in REW.
You mention you are using REW, I think you actually want to use DAW 1/2 routed to SPDIF output 1/2.
Okay I got sound to come out of the DAC and speakers through the SPDIF but haven't ye managed to get REW working with it. So the routing is correct, but I am presuming that it could be a setting within REW.

Thanks for getting me this far.

Top Bottom