• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

need help pulling the trigger, please advise

bomt697

Currently have Def Tech bp/cs 9060s and looking to upgrade
Looking at:
1. Arendal 1723 (non S) line
2. Martin Logan 60xti / 50xti for the LCR channels

Mostly will be for Home theater use
Which of these 2 options would be the best option to go with in regards to an upgrade from the Def Tech speakers I have now
Is there another company I should be looking at?
Will be paired with Denon 4700H AVR + Emotiva 250wpc amp

Please advise, thanks!!

Last edited:

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Offhand, I'd suggest you audition KEF, Focal and Revel speakers in your price range, since the consensus is that they most nearly approach idealized preference curves for frequency response and distortion. I'd also recommend you listen to Polk, Paradigm and B&W, as they offer distinctly different character.

Good luck! And welcome to ASR.

ddonicht

So what did you decide? Last year I bought the Motion 60xti's and 50xti for my home theater...replacing my Emotiva speakers. I just heard about the Arendals tonight.

hdkeith

Just saw this thread, my short list is Monitor Audio Silver 500 7G, Arendale 1723 Towers, and Martin Logan 60XTi/50XTi. I have auditioned the Monitor Audio Silver 500 7G and even the Gold 300 and the Martin Logan 60XTi/50XTi. There is some appeal of the Arendale based on all the reviews I have read, but the ribbon tweeters in the Martin Logan and Gold 300 is just next level for silky smooth, articulate, amazing top end with great finesse.

Top Bottom