• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Need help pricing an amp!

Jon.kin96

I found an outlaw 7125 7 channel amp for sale but I’m not sure what they’re worth these days. The amp is in perfect condition and everything works, but I do know that it’s old. I was thinking to offer the guy maybe $550-$600 and see where it goes. Was hoping someone on here would have a better grasp as to what a fair price would be for this thing?

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Do you know what year it was built?

Helicopter

Major Contributor
If it is like 10+ years old, I wouldn't pay more than $500, and then only if I needed something just like it. I would start at $350-400 and I would feel I paid fairly at $350.

OP
J

Jon.kin96

If it is like 10+ years old, I wouldn't pay more than $500, and then only if I needed something just like it. I would start at $350-400 and I would feel I paid fairly at $350.

if I could get it for $350, I’d be THRILLED. Haha. I was going to pay $500 for that outlaw 5000. Ultimately I’ll need 8 channels of amplification by the time I upgrade to 7.2.4 within the next year so I’m just trying to somewhat future proof and love the sound of the outlaw amps; they just seem a bit scarce in the used market and I’m the type that hates paying full price. Hahaha

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The manual for the amp was copyright 2005 but that might not correlate to the age of the amp itself. You may need to recap some of the power supply caps but otherwise should be a solid performer.

Top Bottom