• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Need help on best headphone around $500($750 CAD) / complete system around $700($1000 CAD)

asrUser

Yes of course open-back headphones prevent heating better.
Moondrop Venus?

eddantes

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I have Drop+ DCA Closed X and a AUNE X1s 2020. Both came to me 2nd hand and my total outlay was about $300 CAD. I feel I have a pretty good system for peanuts. I can wholeheartedly recommend the DCAs. As for HP amp... Just get an all-in-one DAC and HP amp, any of the ones tested here from Topping or SMSL will be just fine.

Last edited:

asrUser

paudio

If you are planning on wearing them while working I'd suggest getting the most comfortable pair you can. The most comfortable pads are circumaural which are big enough to go around your ear instead of pressing on your ear cartilage.

The most comforrable headphones I own are Austrian Audio Hi-X60 and DCA Aeon Noire. Both have large ear pads with a large inner pad diameter.

I've worked using headphones for years and I feel like IEMs
kind of win out for a few reasons: You can get customs, they aren't heavy, the isolate office noise well, glasses don't interfere with the seal and they don't give you headphone hair. I work from home now so I use both.

If you get something efficient a $10 USB-C dongle dac could be all you need.

Top Bottom