• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Need help for shipping cost of a NAIM DAC V1

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
A member from europe has the Naim DAC V1 and wants to offer it for review. Alas, shipping cost from there to here and back will be about $250 to $300. Purpose of this thread is to see if there are a few people who want to help offset this cost. I am happy to still pay a chunk of it and I think the owner will too.

focal_naim_dac-v1_audio46_740x.jpg

The Naim DAC V1 costs £1350 in UK and got a perfect 5/5 review from What Hi-Fi magazine. Wouldn't it be nice to see if they are right?

US price is $2,600 on Amazon. So definitely not cheap.

Alternatively if someone has it in US, we could test that one.

I am hoping efforts like this work so that we can test more gear from Europe.

McFly

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Ooh that’s playing with fire. The naim loyal really think their sh** don’t stink.

Fonzarelli

Forum Donor
I'm cheap so i'd rather not chip in, but really would like to see this dac (or other Naim equipment) to be tested. So yeah.. where to donate ?
NAC-N-272 would be great to see tested also.

Last edited:

Fonzarelli

Forum Donor
digititus

Really ? So top of Mount Naim.. like a NAP 300 or 500 ? You didn't like it ? I had a Superuniti before, it had it's quirks but did sound great at times.
Gr. Arno

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
OK, we are going to do this. I appreciated the goodwill of the members who already donated. Hopefully we get a few more dollars as otherwise, I will have to go on bread and water for a while. :)

GaryS

Forum Donor
Amir,

Just upgraded to the Extreme Patron. Hopefully, you can shuffle these funds through your internal accounting system to the shipping account to pay for the freight. :)

Juwieh

Forum Donor
I've also just upgraded, albeit only the cheapest package. Feel free to use it for the Naim shipping.

I'm not into Naim, but would love to see your reviews on their products, as they make ridiculous claims and many Naim users are getting somewhat maniac about it.

AudioSceptic

Major Contributor
A member from europe has the Naim DAC V1 and wants to offer it for review. Alas, shipping cost from there to here and back will be about $250 to $300. Purpose of this thread is to see if there are a few people who want to help offset this cost. I am happy to still pay a chunk of it and I think the owner will too.

focal_naim_dac-v1_audio46_740x.jpg

The Naim DAC V1 costs £1350 in UK and got a perfect 5/5 review from What Hi-Fi magazine. Wouldn't it be nice to see if they are right?

US price is $2,600 on Amazon. So definitely not cheap.

Alternatively if someone has it in US, we could test that one.

I am hoping efforts like this work so that we can test more gear from Europe.
There are no Naim-owning members in the US? No dealers that will lend you one?

digicidal

Major Contributor
And Naim's domestic (no, that's geographic bias... their overseas) representation is pretty lacking overall. Not non-existent by any means, but they are definitely under-represented IME at least.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
There are no Naim-owning members in the US? No dealers that will lend you one?
No, nothing is available. Fortunately enough money has been donated to make this loan happen. The owner has been ill but promises it will be sent soon.

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
At least this Naim is not one of the models with an extra box for the power supply.
So therefore it cannot be any good ;)

I do remember a long time ago a Naim CD player being tested by Paul Miller with and without it's optional PSU, the jitter was lower with the extra PSU.

Top Bottom