• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Need help for shipping cost of a NAIM DAC V1

fredoamigo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
same problem with my singXer su1 interface... If there was no concern about transportation costs, she would have been at amir's house a long time ago. I would really like to know what's in her gut ? there are no lenders in the usa? :(

ttps://kitsunehifi.com/product/singxersu1black/

Last edited:
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

Juwieh

Forum Donor
At least this Naim is not one of the models with an extra box for the power supply.
I'd deem this the most interesting check, to see whether those expensive power supply upgrades actually DO make a difference, or not.

Veri

Master Contributor

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I'd deem this the most interesting check, to see whether those expensive power supply upgrades actually DO make a difference, or not.
I would too, but this model is their base model and doesn't have the option of an additional power supply, as far as I can see from the connectors on the back.
I would be surprised if it did, myself.

graz_lag

Major Contributor
From <https://www.naimaudio.com/product/dac-v1> I see that the spec says
THD <0.002%
FR 10 - 20 kHz +0.1/-0.5 dB
The THD is -93 dB, so nothing special.

Not expecting great measurements in fact, that V1 is the only stand alone DAC Naim is currently offering and quite old as well if compared to the most recent units have been reviewed in here.
Logically they have moved into the streaming and networking machines to cover a much larger market potential.

fredoamigo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Last edited:

AudioSceptic

Major Contributor
Not expecting great measurements in fact, that V1 is the only stand alone DAC Naim is currently offering and quite old as well if compared to the most recent units have been reviewed in here.
Logically they have moved into the streaming and networking machines to cover a much larger market potential.
As did Linn, probably Naim's main UK competitor, who don't even have a DAC-only product.

AudioSceptic

Major Contributor
I would too, but this model is their base model and doesn't have the option of an additional power supply, as far as I can see from the connectors on the back.
I would be surprised if it did, myself.
If this one came with an extra PS box it would cost even more to ship to Seattle so that might have meant it wouldn't get sent at all.

Westsounds

Hi all new to forum and just poking around at the moment. Lots of interesting content so far.

I do like naim gear myself, it can be a premium to pay though. But some of it is real black art stuff at least in terms of its only just electronics.. :)

Interested to see what or if anything ever does come of this thread. Be better to test the bigger naim DAC though I would have thought. Legend would have it (which is a known fact actually for you science guys :) ) that naim bought up all remaining stocks of a certain type of burr brown chip because of its goodness and it was going out of production, for their big DACs and top of the line CD players.

There's so much smoke and mirrors around naim gear, but to be fair in the right circumstances I think when all is said and done its really decent gear.

Those massively expensive power supplies though. Good maybe but those are a very hard pill to swollow.

Top Bottom