• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Need AMP in which will be DAC + preamp for Wharfedale Diamond 12.1

Krounder

Need AMP with USB input in which will be DAC + preamp for Wharfedale Diamond 12.1. Price range - 1000 eur(or 1500 if you have variant much better). What I need from it: clean sound, not some shit with "warmer" , "it is very good with female vocal". Need neutral sound, with good measurments. Be glad if you attach audio measurments to your variant.(Now Im thinking about rotel a12) And btw Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 are good for neutral sound or I can get better speakers in that price range for that? (For example PreSonus Eris E8 XT will be better than Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 or not?)

Last edited:

MrOtto

Topping PA5 + Topping E50 https://www.tpdz.net/productinfo/737898.html

OP
K

Krounder

MrOtto

Why? These two items do what you ask for. USB input + AMP/Preamp. This is the ultimate neutral/clarity sound option within your budget and both have measurements and review at ASR.

5158218.jpg

Last edited:

MrOtto

MrOtto

You get 3x digital input + 1x analog input (when the other is used by the E50 DAC)

kokakolia

Audiolab 6000A is a no-brainer.

If you want the most neutral sound then spend more and get the Roksan Attessa.

OP
K

Krounder

Why? These two items do what you ask for. USB input + AMP/Preamp. This is the ultimate neutral/clarity sound option within your budget and both have measurements and review at ASR.

5158218.jpg
Can I enable both amp + pream for pa 5? Or I need to buy pre90?

MrOtto

No preamp needed, you can use the built in volume control of PA5. You can also regulate the volume by remote with the E50.

You then have 1x analog, and 3x digital inputs free to use

You also have balanced analog outputs, inputs. What kind of price do you have to pay to get that in an integrated amp?

Buying these two seperate items, you know you have almost the best there is with measurements to show it. Buying an integrated amp, you rarely know what you get kn the amp and DAC departement

Also you are free to upgrade either if you like.

Top Bottom