• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Need advice on Subwoofer size for connected room

cashxe

Hi everyone

First of all pls do let me know if this is the right sub to ask this.

Context: I'm looking to buy SVS subwoofers for my new house living room (to be paired with LS50W no DAC/Amp)
- Will use for More music than Serious movie / home theatre
Room spec :
1684901503972.png

However the living room is connected to 2 another room (glass sliding door).
Base on the room size its ~1840ft^3 and some site suggest to have 1 sub or some suggest 2
I'm thinking of 2xSVS 1000 Pro or 2xSVS 2000 (old model)

Need advice:
- What sub size should I get ? 1000, 2000, 3000
- Should I solo or duo ?
- Sealed or Ported
- Potential placement of the subs
- I initially consider SVS (as I used to have 3000 micro) but any other value subs that pair well with LS50W (not KEF brand as its expensive)

Thank you very much!

D

Deleted member 48726

More subs = more better.
So of your two proposals the 2 x SVS 2000 is the best choice. And if it's the ported versions even better as they are much more powerful.
Placement of subs you can play around with in REWs room simulator to get the best response.

OP
C

cashxe

Thank you for the advice! will do research on Ported and REWs !!

Eetu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I think dual SB1000 Pros are plenty as your listening distance and the main space aren't huge, and since music is top priority. But feel free to go bigger if there's no placement/visual restrictions. In any case I would get 2x smaller subs than one size bigger single sub.

I would also look into ways of measuring and EQing the subs. If you go with the Pros you have PEQ available but get a measurement mic such as the UMIK-1 as well if you don't have one already.

OP
C

cashxe

I think dual SB1000 Pros are plenty as your listening distance and the main space aren't huge, and since music is top priority. But feel free to go bigger if there's no placement/visual restrictions. In any case I would get 2x smaller subs than one size bigger single sub.

I would also look into ways of measuring and EQing the subs. If you go with the Pros you have PEQ available but get a measurement mic such as the UMIK-1 as well if you don't have one already.
Thanks for the advice! will definitely get one of those to play around the EQ and REWs :)
In my country the 2000 (Old) is 20% more than the 1000 Pro but will recheck if the 2000 is too big for the room space

Top Bottom