• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Need advice on "noise cancelling" gaming setup - Frankeinstein setup inbound!

ZENERGiA

Hey Guys!

So I got quite down in the rabbit hole of audio world, but a new challenge arose.

My environment is quite noisey, so I can only use my open headphones late in the evening, therefore for gaming right now I am using a Sennheiser GSP300. The passive noise isolation of this headphone is not bad, but I can still hear a lot of stuff happening around me (doors closed and opened, etc.).

I thought about getting noise cancelling headphones, but quickly threw away the idea, when I realised there might be some lag because of Bluetooth (I cannot get Bose QuietComfort II 35 gaming headset in my country).

Then came the idea: IEMs. So IEMs by their nature can isolate outside sounds quite well. All I need is good sound quality, good imaging, and good noise isolation. I am looking for IEMs which are really good when it comes to imaging, noise isolation, and can help me realise where the opponent is coming from. Also comfort is really important, because I might use them for 1-3 hours in one sitting.

My Frankeinstein gaming audio setup would look like the following:

- Good quality IEMs into JDS LABS ATOM AMP+DAC
- IEMs into my ears, GSP 300 on top of IEMs - for even more sound isolation
- GSP 300s MIC connected to the Sennheiser GSX 1000, for voice comms.

Hopefully I would reach a quite good setup like this, and I could concentrate (I can focus the best when there's no noise around me).

Any tips on good IEMs?

Thanks guys! :)

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Last edited:
Top Bottom