• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Need advice on crossover setting for JBL 708P

stunta

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello,
This is my setup
  • 8 Channel MiniDsp.
  • Mains: JBL 708P
  • Center: JBL 708P
  • 2 Rythmik FM8 Subs; mains are sitting on top of these. These can be configured to go from 50-200Hz mid-bass drivers.
  • 1 REL Storm III 10" subwoofer
  • Surrounds: Small 5" ATC speakers.
I have a tricky situation with the Rythmiks and REL subs sharing 2 XLR cables. Wiring was done by an installer and I cannot add another cable by myself. I have an XLR splitter. Given this, I am looking for suggestions on how to configure the crossovers.

I was thinking I should have the REL handle 50Hz and below, Rythmiks handle 50-200Hz and let the JBLs handle the rest. However, this would mean mixing L&R channels into the one miniDsp output and have it go to the 2 Rythmiks. Not sure if that is a good idea or if I should just use all 3 subs for 80Hz and below.

One thing is clear - I am confused :)

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

OP
stunta

stunta

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Bumping.

beefkabob

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have my 708p crossed over at 60hz. 80hz is fine too, I'm sure. Might want to cut the rel out then crossover 80 or lower to the fm8 and place them to get rid of room modes. 4 channel minidsp let's you do a great job of this. Adding the rel just makes everything hard to integrate.

Top Bottom