• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Need advice for how to best use 2 Aiyima A07 amps

OP
J
Class D will lower your power bill a bit. They are that more efficient. They are not hot running so they won't heat the house in hot environments.
When ppl are spending bigs bucks for these audiophile class amps, I don’t think they care too much about their energy bill.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
When ppl are spending bigs bucks for these audiophile class amps, I don’t think they care too much about their energy bill.
Lots of people care about power consumption and they have solar power systems, electric cars and all sorts of things. :D

OP
J
How do we know if sibilance is supposed to be heard or not? We don't know. We assume if it's there that it's the speakers fault. Maybe with some soundtracks the sibilance is a natural part of let's say, "Her" voice.
No, I totally get that but when speakers are rolled off in the crossover it won’t be as apparent. Not all recordings are inherently sibilant (which I greatly appreciate!) and most ppl don’t enjoy how harsh that can sound to your ears.

OP
J
Why roll it off prematurely? That's counter productive.
Idk probably because a large enough portion of the population prefers it? Ask the speaker designers why they have a certain sound signature? Maybe their target audience prefers it brighter or darker or dynamic. No, no, no, they all sound the same. To hell with ears

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Idk probably because a large enough portion of the population prefers it? Ask the speaker designers why they have a certain sound signature? Maybe their target audience prefers it brighter or darker or dynamic. No, no, no, they all sound the same. To hell with ears
Measurements are expected now for many people. Coloring and manipulating the frequency response will be obvious. Let's see how the general public chooses.

OP
J
Lifestyle choice and lifestyle products affect many people.
That’s not a good enough answer. My bet is they bought the class d because they like the sound it makes. I think that’s the reason anyone buys anything in audio.

Holmz

Major Contributor
You thread title mentioned “How to use 2”.
You need the higher voltage power block for the woofers, and at that point, you only need a single A07.

Or save up for a different amp.

If they had XLR input, and a trigger input, then they would be more useful to me.

It’s the best of the cheap amps.

Measurements are expected now for many people. Coloring and manipulating the frequency response will be obvious. Let's see how the general public chooses.

The general public likes cheap.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
That’s not a good enough answer. My bet is they bought the class d because they like the sound it makes. I think that’s the reason anyone buys anything in audio.
Hang around here for a couple of years and see who comes and goes buying gear. That and 24 years of my experience with domestic/consumer electronics tells me I am on the mark.

OP
J
I will definitely give that a try before “upgrading” to something that might not even solve the problem. Thanks for the help Holmz

OP
J
Hang around here for a couple of years and see who comes and goes buying gear. That and 24 years of my experience with domestic/consumer electronics tells me I am on the mark.
If the general premise is that senses can’t be trusted, then neither should any conclusions. We are more than just the some of our parts or we are nothing at all. What really matters is our perception for that is what we rely on to survive. As long as two or more ppl agree we are uttering the same words, then we are both sane and reality is what we make of it.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
If the general premise is that senses can’t be trusted, then neither should any conclusions. We are more than just the some of our parts or we are nothing at all. What really matters is our perception for that is what we rely on to survive. As long as two or more ppl agree we are uttering the same words, then we are both sane and reality is what we make of it.
O' please! That was gobbledygook.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Joe seems to be a troll for the most part....

Top Bottom