• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Neat acoustics iota speakers. Are they tiny killers or just tiny?

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I heard those speakers at the Toronto Audio Fest show: they were my "worst speaker experience at the show."
I've had the same experience with every Neat I've ever heard, just awful. I used to know people that raved about them, they were wrong.

FWIW I've not heard these specific models.

simbloke

Forum Donor
I was considering their speakers a few years ago. As had been said, they get many rave reviews. Life intervened and still haven't bought any new speakers - but in that time I also discovered ASR. Bullet dodged me thinks.

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've had the same experience with every Neat I've ever heard, just awful. I used to know people that raved about them, they were wrong.

FWIW I've not heard these specific models.

I second that. I was seriously shopping for a Motive 2, because I liked the raked back look, and at that point I was still very much enamoured by the British cottage industry provenance. I was fully primed to be positively biased towards it. And it still sounded hideous to me. Tizzy and lumpy all at once. I've heard one of their flagships and it was similar to PMC with the lumpy bass.

Matsuo Mayu

Hi, did you audition the Neat?
am going to buy Neat Alpha,
as a tiny and funny furniture,
thinking it is a perfect one.

OP
C

Charliecj

Hi, did you audition the Neat?
am going to buy Neat Alpha,
as a tiny and funny furniture,
thinking it is a perfect one.
I did purchase the IOTAS. They are quite tiny and fit the bill as the best under 9 inch speaker I could find! They are smooth, never harsh and have a much fuller sound than should be possible at such a size. But are pricey! The Alphas should be just as nice but with much more low end. They get crazy good reviews. There is a Neat Acoustic speaker owners page on Facebook you can check out also. Good luck

Top Bottom