• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Nearfield: 8030C, KH80/KH120, LS50 Meta, R3?

archerious

I can get a pair of any of these pretty similar in price, but really not sure which to go for.

I like neutral sound, have a SVS sub already.

This pair will be used with my desktop completely near field, typically 0.5-1 meter from wall, and myself about that close to them if not more.

Thanks,
Tom.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I bought the KH 80 DSP for near field like arms reach and have been very happy with them. I plan to add a sub later but since you already own one, should be great to have all the bass extension.

Btw notice that the KH 80 DSP is small, KH120 and 8030C larger, LS50 is larger still and R3 huge for desktop (I owned an R300 before).

OP
archerious

archerious

I bought the KH 80 DSP for near field like arms reach and have been very happy with them. I plan to add a sub later but since you already own one, should be great to have all the bass extension.

Thank you for the reply Matias, I am leaning towards them as Amazon has them, would be nice to get 5% rewards on the purchase.

OP
archerious

archerious

I just ordered them, the KH 80 DSP in white looks fantastic.

6190lYntpYL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Rantenti

I have the KH 80 DSP. Sound is super clean, and they are very sensitive to changes of equipment. The DSP of the KH80s is quite accurate as I test my setup in different rooms. They have surprisingly strong bass themselves for a 4-inch speaker unit too.

tifune

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm fortunate to have all of these except the 8030C; my favorite combo is KH120 + sub at that distance. R3 is too big, LS50 is good but you have to crossover higher because distortion at that distance is more noticeable. At least, it was to me, but I'd be remiss not to mention it could be sighted bias from watching the woofer separate from the tweeter. It's by design, but still not something I'm used to and the measurements do back me up a bit.

OP
archerious

archerious

I got them in. Sadly one of the two has a paint chip from the factory :(.

The cardboard was double sided and looks fine so I don't think it was Fedex that caused the paint chip.

IMG_7246.jpg

IMG_7247.jpg

Top Bottom