• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Near field passive speakers for less than 300 euros

Hi guys,

I ordered myself a nice Quad Vena 2 amplifier and I have them paired to Q3020i speakers but people tell me they are loudspeakers and are no meant to be left on a desk for gaming.

Can anyone recommend me a pair of nice near field passive speakers that I can pair up with my new amplifier.

It's primarily for gaming as I have tinnitus and can't use headphones anymore as headphones are not recommended anymore to be used as they can cause more damage.

Ultrasonic

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Are you unhappy with the sound you currently have? If so in what way?

I'd probably keep the speakers you have and add a subwoofer, unless how this may disturb others is a factor.

Ultrasonic

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Alternatively, if you are still within the cancellation period for the order of your amp then I would strongly consider cancelling this and looking at active speakers instead.

OP
A
Alternatively, if you are still within the cancellation period for the order of your amp then I would strongly consider cancelling this and looking at active speakers instead.
I had active speakers and they all hissed. Which is why I decided to get passive as they are less prone to hissing.

OP
A
Are you unhappy with the sound you currently have? If so in what way?

I'd probably keep the speakers you have and add a subwoofer, unless how this may disturb others is a factor.
I love my speakers but they hiss really loudly with Tangent Ampster BT ii amp. I ordered this really expensive amp in hopes it would make them dead silent. They have a lower noise floor of 110 decibles compared to 98 on the Ampster

OP
A
Well, I guess your membership on ASR should make a lot of sense.:p

Joke aside : I see nothing wrong with the 3020i used as nearfield monitor, while not being the most accurate, they are a good pick for the money.
Im just an average consumer looking for dead silent pair of speakers to game on.

Top Bottom