• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Ncore and Purifi amps: new kid on the block

Zoomer

Stumbled upon Holton Precision Audio announcing Ncore and Purifi amps for Q4 of 2019 with "Holton NCore IO management module".
Anybody familiar with this supplier?
Thoughts on the module?

1572278003334.png
1572278022726.png

Aussieamps

Here is some photos of the new Holton Audio Class D power amplifier from Australia

Attachments

• Holton NCORE-7.jpg
    Holton NCORE-7.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 529
  • Holton NCORE-8.jpg
    Holton NCORE-8.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 516
OP
Zoomer

Zoomer

Aussieamps

NC502MP, right?

How much will it cost? What about international shipping? Thanks.
We like nudies here (pix with the covers off) :)

Hi Guys as requested here is some inside photos of the Holton NCORE amplifier.
This version uses the NC502MP module with the Holton NCORE management module attached.
The modules are mounted on a suspended 5mm thick mezzanine heat sink, this ensures that the heat produced by the NC502MP module is for the most part contained and not transferred to the bottom cover plate, also there is no ugly mounting bolts sticking through the bottom plate. The case measures 270mm wide x 320mm deep and 85mm high including the solid aluminium machined feet.
Holton NCORE-10.jpg

The price in USD for this one will be approximately $1480.00USD and shipping worldwide is $50.00USD.
They will also be a NC252MP module version as well. This will cost approximately $1255.00USD.
Holton NCORE-9.jpg
_MG_1620.JPG
Holton NCORE-9.jpg

Last edited:

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
RF filter on the IEC, @maty would be glad. :)

maty

Major Contributor
Some time ago I had doubts about not having verified it. Then maybe it should be single stage. It has been a long time since I know that the double stage ones are as appropriate as with Class A and AB.

First I will use one of the RF/EMI Schaffner that I have and then a DIY with much more attenuation. With PURIFI 1ET400A kit. In the meantime I am further improving the sound of my second system without spending money!

-> https://www.atlhifi.com/shop/populated-pcb/emi-rfi-common-mode-filter-assembled-and-tested-pcb/ € 35 + shipping, from Bulgary (EU).

ATL-EMI-RFI-Common-Mode-Filter–assembled-pcb.jpg

ATL-RF-EMI-CMF-with-damping-resistors.png

But first I will have to change the AVR and after the DAC/preamp (RME ADI-2 DAC). Of course, after a few months in which others have commented on their impressions regarding PURIFI, it is not going to be that the outstanding specifications do not correspond to the sound that I am looking for for my very good recordings with acoustic instrumentation.

Last edited:

maty

Major Contributor
The modules are mounted on a suspended 5mm thick mezzanine heat sink, this ensures that the heat produced by the NC502MP module is for the most part contained and not transferred to the bottom cover plate, also there is no ugly mounting bolts sticking through the bottom plate. The case measures 270mm wide x 320mm deep and 85mm high including the solid aluminium machined feet.

Very good idea. Hypex SMPS generates heat and much more if the impedance of the speakers has minimums lower than 3 Ohms, like Magnepans (some with 1.7 Ohms and others models with 2 Ohms). With traditional speakers and minimum about 4 Ohms is other story, if the loudspeakers sensitivity is not very low and the listening distance is not too large of course.

maty

Major Contributor
Off topic

Well, Holton class AB HPA-NXL500 but interesting. It is not a new entrepreneurial company like others.

Just now: http://retro-thermionic.blogspot.com/2019/12/precision-holton-300w-class-ab-power-amp.html
...The 300W boards and high power PS will go into 300W monoblocks with appropriate HS to stop any other heat issues. In the meantime I am enjoying this high-tech power amp emencely; Bass is deep and very powerful with NO bloat or boom. Precisely articulated. My 12" ploy cone woofers in a 60ltr sealed box are 100% controlled. Even my 180W Class D amp do not give me the bass depth and control this amp does. Mids and treble are dead linear, smooth and extended from my Altec 511B horns with FailtalPro poly compression drivers. For me its good by Class D hello AB!

-> https://holtonprecisionaudio.com/collections/diy-audio-products/products/nxv500-r2

Resized, clarified and optimized

Attachments

• Holton-NXV500L-module.jpg
    Holton-NXV500L-module.jpg
    399 KB · Views: 379
  • Holton-NXV500L-inside-by-retro-thermionic.jpg
    Holton-NXV500L-inside-by-retro-thermionic.jpg
    620.3 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:

Aussieamps

That is one of my older amp modules, here is the latest amplifier module it will drive 1200 watt into 2 ohms continuous.

Attachments

• NXL1000-1.jpg
    NXL1000-1.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 247
  • _MG_1630.JPG
    _MG_1630.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 212

McFly

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Would like to see measurements, and clipping LEDs

Top Bottom