• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

NAS streaming, USB connection, DAC and my old amp. Looking for suggestions.

GioF71

Forum Donor
Interesting thought. For now though, my humming & ugly Synology is staying as far away as possible from my stereo.
Maybe one day, when they make a good looking, small, noiseless case without fan and when a 4gb SSD costs $100.
Actually wondering, how can the stream be controlled by the phone, would it be required to log into the admin interface?

I totally agree, the NAS noise is definitely noticeable if it's close to the speakers. Unless it only contains SSDs and the fan is OFF.

OP
K

karloff

I ended up with Allo Boss and Isolator. Aside from being semi happy with the OS solutions it's working great.
The bummer though - turns out that my Amp is emitting a static white noise regardless of selected input and with volume down.
It has nothing to do with the Boss etc., I am just disappointed that my old love wants to leave me and I am not sure if I should even attempt to have it repaired - the input switch also makes trouble and is no longer available.
Guess I'll sulk for a while and then start another thread.

Top Bottom