• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

NAMM 2023 - KMR Audio's summary

MaxwellsEq

Major Contributor
KMR Audio are a London based pro audio team. Here is what caught their eye at NAMM 2023

LearningToSmile

That Antelope Audio monitor is interesting, would love to see measurements. Found a video from the show displaying a cut-out model with the isobaric driver configuration visible:
Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 15-37-09 NAMM 2023 Antelope Audio Atlas i8.png

from NAMM 2023: Antelope Audio Atlas i8

The price isn't low but it's also not obscene if it can get anywhere close to the stated SPL without bass compression.

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't get why no one has put together a mid-priced active monitor with nCore and SEAS Prestige that undercuts Neumann and Genelec. Distortion and SPL won't be state of the art but the drivers are really cheap at quantity, well-supported, and well above the proprietary drivers Adam/Hedd/Eve/Fluid and other monitor brands use.

OP
MaxwellsEq

MaxwellsEq

Major Contributor
KMR Audio are a London based pro audio team. Here is what caught their eye at NAMM 2023

It would probably have saved people some clicking if I had included the list of items :facepalm:

Amphion One25A - 3-way active studio monitor
Antelope Audio Atlas i8 - active studio monitor using isobaric principle
Audeze MM-100 - professional headphones
Avid Pro Tools MTRX - audio interface
Cloud Microphones Cloudlifter X - “microphone activator”
Cranborne Audio Carnaby 500 - EQ module
Empirical Labs Pump - compressor
Flock Audio Patch VT & CX
- patchbay and mic/line boost
Neumann KH120 II - nearfield monitor
Neumann MT48 - audio interface
Prism Sound ADA-128 - modular converter
Rupert Neve Designs RNDI-8 - DI box
Solid State Logic B Series Dynamics Module - compressor/expander
Trinnov Nova - room optimiser
Universal Audio UAFX Pedals - er... pedals?

Top Bottom