• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Naim Uniti Atom Review (Streamer & Amp)

Rate this streamer:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 280 68.6%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 93 22.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther

Votes: 21 5.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 14 3.4%

• Total voters

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
How do you say 'mea culpa' in Naimish?
202206_NaimShaming.jpg

3 pages in and unless I have missed it, nobody is saying the unit must be defective or the tests weren't done properly.
That's a first.
Page 8 addendum: The unit being defective by design must've obviated the need for testing... lest be done improperly!

RuCiao

Could someone explain how audible those bad measurements are? I own a Naim Atom. The Atom (together with a Boxem Arthur 3409/N2) is paired with my Buchardt s400mk2. What I like about the Atom is that it’s very user friendly.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
(3) it looks and is expensive and exclusive (it’s not available outside HiFi retailers)…
It’s available even on department stores!

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
And for it to have these kind of performance numbers and look so clunky to boot with no nifty color display to show the album cover, sample rate, etc. What the hell!
It has a colour display that shows album art, sample rate, etc. it doesn’t look good on you when you critique something that you have no idea about.

DanielT

Major Contributor
Could someone explain how audible those bad measurements are? I own a Naim Atom. The Atom (together with a Boxem Arthur 3409/N2) is paired with my Buchardt s400mk2.
That in itself you probably do not need to worry about, if you are not a distortion sniffer and have learned to hear differences. The thing is this: costs US $ 3,799 .... it's like that's the whole thing. US $ 3,799 for a few mediocre watts ....

Edit:
If the few watts are enough for you, that is. I know nothing about that.:)
There is no amp that I would drive some fat subwoffers with for example.Not my full-range speakers either. Too little umf..But thats me ..:)

Last edited:

Theodore8

Forum Donor
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
It has a colour display that shows album art, sample rate, etc. it doesn’t look good on you when you critique something that you have no idea about.
He is going by my picture that was black and white and devoid of album art. So let's take it easy on him.

Uguccione

US $ 3,799 for a few mediocre watts ....
The 80 watts of the Superuniti - in my home - outperformed the 80 watts of a Denon PMA-2000 (a 24kg beast that sounded thin and compressed in comparison). If it gives me so much, the 40 watts of the Atom could hold some surprises.

RuCiao

That in itself you probably do not need to worry about, if you are not a distortion sniffer and have learned to hear differences. The thing is this: costs US $ 3,799 .... it's like that's the whole thing. US $ 3,799 for a few mediocre watts ....

Edit:
If the few watts are enough for you, that is. I know nothing about that.:)
There is no amp that I would drive some fat subwoffers with for example.Not my full-range speakers either. Too little umf..But thats me ..:)
Thanks for your reply. And you are right. It’s pricey for what you get.
For me no lack of watts. The Atom is coupled with the Boxem (Ncore 252mp). ☺️

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The 80 watts of the Superuniti - in my home - outperformed the 80 watts of a Denon PMA-2000 (a 24kg beast that sounded thin and compressed in comparison). If it gives me so much, the 40 watts of the Atom could hold some surprises.
Define "outperformed".

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

DanielT

Major Contributor
Nop....
Define "outperformed".
80W is double 40W. Simple math.

By the way this one?:

That Denon, in full working condition vs Naim Uniti Atom. Well. You can ask here what people would prefer.

Denon PMA-2000R:

phrs4vmgj1711.jpg

Edit:
40 vs 80 was not meant for you Jimbob54.:)

Last edited:

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Whatever this is it costs too much for the performance. Doesn't an AVR do everything this thing does, whilst offering in addition various decoding and multichannel (& various DSP options)? (And whilst measuring better quite often). If so what's the purpose of this thing?

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Welcome to ASR... Stay here and soon if you're serious and willing to learn ... you may drop these beliefs...

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Whatever this is it costs too much for the performance. Doesn't an AVR do everything this thing does, whilst offering various decoding and multichannel?
They are way too big for many applications.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Whatever this is it costs too much for the performance. Doesn't an AVR do everything this thing does, whilst offering various decoding and multichannel? (And whilst measuring better quite often). If so what's the purpose of this thing?
One wonders...
"Lifestyle"? Perhaps? :rolleyes: or the color display or the Album Arts or ... it cost more, thus it must be better :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Whatever this is it costs too much for the performance. Doesn't an AVR do everything this thing does, whilst offering various decoding and multichannel? (And whilst measuring better quite often). If so what's the purpose of this thing?
Which AVR has a built in streamer?

Top Bottom