• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

NAD Viso HP50 Review (headphone)

USER

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Since this thread has been brought back to life, I just wanted to add more graphs that further show to me how @Robbo99999 got this right. Amir's right channel measurement really is the one to follow as it matches up with the others well, including, perhaps most importantly, Oratory's.

graph.png
graph (1).png

Here is another view of Robbo's EQ on both of these results.
graph (3).png
graph (2).png

Again, for me, Robbo's EQ based on Amir's right channel works best by a small margin --again, for me. (Just in case: I replaced the pads.) Perhaps Amir's measurements show some things at around 2k and 6k that are relevant and true to my particular headphones (which were the ones measured). These results may also show you why it might not work for you.

Here is how Robbos' Amir R channel EQ works on both.
graph (4).png
graph (5).png

I am attaching it here in case anyone wants to try it out.

Finally, Oratory's newer EQ. I believe it is a significant improvement over the older one, but I prefer both of Robbo's over this.
graph (6).png
graph (7).png

Attachments

• Robbo999 Amir NAD HP50 Measurements R Filters.txt
    646 bytes · Views: 10

gvl

Major Contributor
I’m still waiting for an iOS PEQ solution that I can use with streaming services such as Qobuz and Spotify at work, where my headphones get most used.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Since this thread has been brought back to life, I just wanted to add more graphs that further show to me how @Robbo99999 got this right. Amir's right channel measurement really is the one to follow as it matches up with the others well, including, perhaps most importantly, Oratory's.

View attachment 359661View attachment 359662

Here is another view of Robbo's EQ on both of these results.
View attachment 359663View attachment 359664

Again, for me, Robbo's EQ based on Amir's right channel works best by a small margin --again, for me. (Just in case: I replaced the pads.) Perhaps Amir's measurements show some things at around 2k and 6k that are relevant and true to my particular headphones (which were the ones measured). These results may also show you why it might not work for you.

Here is how Robbos' Amir R channel EQ works on both.
View attachment 359666View attachment 359665
I am attaching it here in case anyone wants to try it out.

Finally, Oratory's newer EQ. I believe it is a significant improvement over the older one, but I prefer both of Robbo's over this.
View attachment 359671View attachment 359670
Hi, I don't remember doing an EQ using Amir's measurement (not saying I didn't do one), but could you just link me to the post where I do the EQ, I just want to check what you're saying? (As you say this was quite a long time ago!)

EDIT: ok, I searched the thread, and yes I did do an EQ from Amir's measurement, it was at this post:
Well, I'm glad you can find good use for it. (That's the second time I've forgotten I did that EQ in this thread, but in my defence I did that EQ 3 yrs ago and we discussed it a couple of year ago!)

Last edited:
Top Bottom