• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

NAD T777V3 with C298 compared to C275BEE

Aarshad81

Hi

I have KEF CI5160 speakers as my front and have been using them in a 5.2 setup using T777V3 AVR with C275BEE driving the CI5160, these are rated to 250W @4Ohm. The system is ok but i feel like the mid-tones and bass is little lacking from these speakers. Also when I use Stereo listening mode the sound isnt as great as expected and distorting at higher volumes.

I have now a very good deal to get the C298 almost at 65% of the price. Will this be a better fit compared to the C275BEE ?

I am using the Pre-out from the AVR to power the current power amp and planning to do the same with the C298. I am using the DIRAC curves adjustments with the avr for the 5.2 setup. Room is approx 20ft by 30ft not super big with 8ft ceiling. My main goal is to use this for Movies and Music through the AVR though.

Last edited:

peng

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi

I have KEF CI5160 speakers as my front and have been using them in a 5.2 setup using T777V3 AVR with C275BEE driving the CI5160, these are rated to 250W @4Ohm. The system is ok but i feel like the mid-tones and bass is little lacking from these speakers. Also when I use Stereo listening mode the sound isnt as great as expected and distorting at higher volumes.

I have now a very good deal to get the C298 almost at 65% of the price. Will this be a better fit compared to the C275BEE ?

I am using the Pre-out from the AVR to power the current power amp and planning to do the same with the C298. I am using the DIRAC curves adjustments with the avr for the 5.2 setup. Room is approx 20ft by 30ft not super big with 8ft ceiling. My main goal is to use this for Movies and Music through the AVR though.

Your room is quite big, but depending on your distance and how loud your listen, you may or may not benefit from the higher output the C298 offers. The approx. difference in the rated output between the two is only about 3 dB.

If you can get the C298 brand new at 65% discount, it is a good deal that can be tempting, whether it will make a difference audibly or not.

OP
A

Aarshad81

Well i got it and notice ton of difference in mid and bass. Which i felt was totally lacking before. Very impressed. Also with the c275bee i had this strange hum when i was near the speakers.

So far very happy with the amp. I am using directly with my avr through line out. My avr has dirac built in. I am thinking how to further improve my sound quality in stereo

Top Bottom