• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

NAD MDC BLUOS UPGRADE

unexperienced

Hi!

A diy project to upgrade the NAD MDC BluOS module was recently completed. The upgrade was to integrate the DSP into the sound received from the BluOS module. The project was successfully completed, and now I can safely share with you the result. The BluOS module now has an ADAU1467 DSP processor on board, running SigmaStudio. Now it is not just a module, now it is a whole complex for audio processing. There are no analog conversions inside, everything is done only in digital form. There is no need to make any changes to the design of NAD devices with slots for MDC modules. It is defined as a regular BluOS module. This has been tested with the NAD C390, NAD M12, and NAD M32. The result is impressive. Now you can adjust the sound as you like. In any desired frequency range. You can remove the resonances, remove the snorting high frequencies, add something, etc...Within a month, I found the optimal set of filters for my NAD M32 according to my preferences. The control is carried out via a USB type C port. I had to drill a hole in the rear panel of the module. A little inconvenient, but it does not interfere with the installation of the flash drive. In general, I am now very happy with the sound of the NAD M32, I tried to bypass the DSP, but always returned to the DSP again. And now I listen only with processing.

IMG_20210509_195359.jpg
IMG_20210509_195508.jpg
IMG_20210509_195532.jpg
IMG_20210509_195611.jpg
IMG_20210509_195706.jpg
IMG_20210509_195732.jpg
IMG_20210509_195818.jpg
Снимок экрана (6).png

Last edited:

vlydog

A message from Bluesound:

Hello,

Your case has been escalated to me.

To better explain: USB audio output will be supported on the NODE (N130) via a future software update. With the availability of USB audio output, we anticipate supporting MQA through a free software upgrade later. Unfortunately, we do not have an exact timeline for future development and releases.

Hope this helps clarify!

Sam R.
Support Crew Team Lead

pogo

Major Contributor
Now you can adjust the sound as you like. In any desired frequency range. You can remove the resonances, remove the snorting high frequencies, add something, etc...
Such simple filters can also be set graphically under DIRAC LIVE enabled NAD devices, if you have previously degraded DL to a 'Devialet Sweet Room'. This way you can also equalize your headphones on the DIRAC LIVE enabled NAD devices.

Last edited:
OP
U

unexperienced

Such simple filters can also be set graphically under DIRAC LIVE enabled NAD devices, if you have previously degraded DL to a 'Devialet Sweet Room'. This way you can also equalize your headphones on the DIRAC LIVE enabled NAD devices.
The screenshot shows a very simple example of a filter directly for NAD M32. The SigmaStudio program is a very powerful tool. You can create any filter with any parameters in it. Graphically, visually, technically, etc. In my final filter, there is an expander for expanding the dynamic range, an anti-jitter, a constant filter at the output, and much more. I tried specialized filters that are only available for ADAU1467 - an excellent result. But the main thing in all this is not to ruin the sound completely! :)

OP
U

unexperienced

A message from Bluesound:

Hello,

Your case has been escalated to me.

To better explain: USB audio output will be supported on the NODE (N130) via a future software update. With the availability of USB audio output, we anticipate supporting MQA through a free software upgrade later. Unfortunately, we do not have an exact timeline for future development and releases.

Hope this helps clarify!

Sam R.
Support Crew Team Lead
I apologize for the late response.
Thank you for paying attention to this. But it's too late. I sold all the NAD equipment with all the BluOS, and bought Lyngdorf, which was apparently made taking into account the trial and error of the NAD company. Since looking at the functionality and circuitry of Lyngdorf and using it, I personally understand that these guys took into account everything, or almost everything.

Top Bottom