• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

NAD M33 vs Devialet Expert

asruser2020

Regardless, your argument with @SIY has nothing to do with the product in question.

This thread is about the NAD M33, not about who or who isn't in EISA.

On the contrary, I am trying to make an informed decision on whether or not to buy the NAD M33. This video review by Darko provides a great deal of information, but @SIY posits that Darko's opinion is not to be respected vis-a-vis others with familiarity in sensory science, electronics, acoustics, and signal processing. Logically, I followed up by asking if these others have the same track record of accomplishments as Darko so that I may know whose opinion is to be trusted more. I am not an expert in this field, so I cannot rely on my own knowledge. Since buying a $5000 component is at stake, I would like to be thorough in this discussion.

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
On the contrary, I am trying to make an informed decision on whether or not to buy the NAD M33. This video review by Darko provides a great deal of information, but @SIY posits that Darko's opinion is not to be respected vis-a-vis others with familiarity in sensory science, electronics, acoustics, and signal processing. Logically, I followed up by asking if these others have the same track record of accomplishments as Darko so that I may know whose opinion is to be trusted more. I am not an expert in this field, so I cannot rely on my own knowledge. Since buying a $5000 component is at stake, I would like to be thorough in this discussion.

Sigh....

I tried.

@Thomas savage passing the baton to you.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Member @SIY has the 10 version, what's your point ?
Btw he reviewed it for audio express loved it and bought it ( correct me if I'm wrong) .

Darko dose what Darko dose , this NAD is the nuts , I said so , you can take that to the bank.

Ok , who's next ?

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Member @SIY has the 10 version, what's your point ?
Btw he reviewed it for audio express loved it and bought it ( correct me if I'm wrong) .

Darko dose what Darko dose , this NAD is the nuts , I said so , you can take that to the bank.

Ok , who's next ?
You are not wrong.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
If you watch the NAD / Stereophile webinar up thread, there's like 30-40 minutes of non stop Purifi content.
Ok , that sounds like , towel, check , wet wipes , check , peanut butter, check , that cucumber thats gone a bit soft .. check ..

Ok we are ready for the stereophile web video.

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
We are at the point where audio electronics don't matter all you want it's functionality and a friction-free music experience.

This NAD paired with a decent speaker will get you there . Fucking hallelujah baby.

I really don't care that much about the Purifi amp aspect.

I couldn't really care much if it uses Purifi, Hypex, or Pascal.

Nor do I care if it uses AKM or ESS DAC chips.

I expect ADC/DAC and amp chips to be audibly transparent and that's about it.

I certainly wouldn't be buying it for the Purifi parts.

Dirac and Roon, on the other hand....

Last edited:

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I really don't care that much about the Purifi amp aspect.

I couldn't really care much if it uses Purifi, Hypex, or Pascal.

Nor do I care if it uses AKM or ESS DAC chips.

I expect ADC/DAC and amp chips to be audibly transparent and that's about it.

I'm certainly wouldn't be buying it for the Purifi parts.

Dirac and Roon, on the other hand....
Yep

TimW

Major Contributor
Wish I had $5000 for this amp. And good enough speakers to justify the cost. And a nice enough house to house those things in.

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Wish I had $5000 for this amp. And good enough speakers to justify the cost. And a nice enough house to house those things in.

Really, it's just an expensive toy.

Don't worry about it.

I don't think my enjoyment of audio and music was any less in college when all I had was a boom box.

Pricey toys are just motivation to do well at work.

I'd probably be happier with less funds and more free time. And a beach.

TimW

Major Contributor
Really, it's just an expensive toy.

Don't worry about it.

I don't think my enjoyment of audio and music was any less in college when all I had was a boom box.

Pricey toys are just motivation to do well at work.

I'd probably be happier with less funds and more free time. And a beach.
Well okay then. Still wish I had the nice house though.

Top Bottom