• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Nad c399 vs nad c298 (Hypex vs purifi) which one have better sound quality and by how much %?

• Thread starter Deleted member 51459
  • Start date

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
if its simply 5-10-20% i need to consider it.
What do you not get in "there's no audible difference" or " x percentage evaluating sound quality doesn't exist at all" ?!
i just want to take the best possible option for my problem.
No, you're just flooding several threads and waste everyone's time by asking the same question over and over, without even considering the answers gentle members gave you. There's no "problem".

Get the 399, it will have plenty of clean power for R3s. Done. Case closed.

mglobe

Forum Donor
Those bots got the several answers but keep nagging on with the same question but also in a slightly different form.
f****g irritating, although i could be wrong and there are just irritating people.
I tried really hard to help when .bot sent me a DM. But ultimately the routine became exactly the same on the DM as in the forum posts. There is a slang term for this type of behavior, but it’s a bit impolite.

mglobe

Forum Donor
For those interested in the C399, which looks to be a pretty full-featured, one box solution, here are some test results I found. I considered it when I built my system, but I wanted to use my Apt Holman, and I wanted to keep DAC and DSP as a separate box figuring that part of the stream (particularly DSP) was likely to progress in the future more than amplification.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

Attachments

• spiderman-squirrel.gif
    spiderman-squirrel.gif
    122.6 KB · Views: 60
OP
D

Deleted member 51459

i think c399 is great option,
because it have better dac,
but with c298 i will not need to replace it in the future, i see from the chart specs difference is only 4 db? and some harmonic distortion 4db is not that much or?

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I disagree. I think this is more accurate.

As a non native English speaker, these slangs are very interesting to learn.

mglobe

Forum Donor
As a non native English speaker, these slangs are very interesting to learn.

I’m happy that I’ve found a way to make a positive contribution here. I’m still learning on the technical side, but when it comes to colorful language I’m pretty much an expert.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

Hey great people do all agree that nad c658 is a crap unit or?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
yes i saw this, but my unit will be brand new with warranty no refurbished so 2 years no issues .
I dont think being new will get around the fact that its spec'd performance is crap for the money.

But as someone else said in one of your threads, if its all you can get, its the best one.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

I dont think being new will get around the fact that its spec'd performance is crap for the money.

But as someone else said in one of your threads, if its all you can get, its the best one.
I can get other brands,
Sony,piooner amp,denon,marantz, i can also get naim etcs...
and other ultra popular brands actually i can get most brands which are available at crutchfield may be you can take a look?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I can get other brands,
Sony,piooner amp,denon,marantz, i can also get naim etcs...
and other ultra popular brands actually i can get most brands which are available at crutchfield may be you can take a look?
No thanks.

How is that not a problem for your accountant? At least try and stick to the script.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

After few weeks of writing emails to Nad,they told me based on their experience
NAD C399 vs nad c298 , difference is no more than 20%
, so c298 is 20% better i hope this will help to other people to make their mind regarding further purchased unfortunately gray dealers where i live have none of these c298 out of stock and c399 out of stock because they are new models and they dont know when they will have them again...
they told me that i can buy master series nad m33 but its out of my budget ...
and in specs wise in sound quality only its close or less quality than c399..

i have no script i can buy anything which is available in my country...
may be i will use my jvc rca victor for the time until they got some stock not sure when... thats a shame gray dealers not to be able to tell me or order product from nad...

Top Bottom