• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Nad c399 vs nad c298 (Hypex vs purifi) which one have better sound quality and by how much %?

• Thread starter Deleted member 51459
  • Start date
OP
D

Deleted member 51459

Those bots got the several answers but keep nagging on with the same question but also in a slightly different form.
f****g irritating, although i could be wrong and there are just irritating people.
i am not a bot thats my current system which i will upgrade ( naim)

Attachments

• 301359000_610810040418117_4625892612514832772_n.jpg
    301359000_610810040418117_4625892612514832772_n.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 195
OP
D

Deleted member 51459

What model of Naim amp are you using?
My naim is muso 2 all in one , its for sale, i dont plan to use it thats why i decided to upgrade to kef r3 speakers and i am looking for either purifi or hypex amp for them :)

ok then i withdraw my words regarding you.
The C658 seems to have a some problems.

Can you please clarify what kinda problems i dont want to end with broken bring and wait for warranties etcs.... ?
What is the issues with the unit?

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
My naim is muso 2 all in one , its for sale, i dont plan to use it thats why i decided to upgrade to kef r3 speakers and i am looking for either purifi or hypex amp for them :)
You are in for one heck'uva upgrade with the KEFs and a proper class D power amp. It will be like a night and day difference.

diddley

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

Can you please clarify what kinda problems i dont want to end with broken bring and wait for warranties etcs.... ?
What is the issues with the unit?
Search the forum, there were several issues but i don't remember.but if you search this great library you will find out.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

You are in for one heck'uva upgrade with the KEFs and a proper class D power amp. It will be like a night and day difference.
This is what i am looking for huge big upgrade!!! :)))
Search the forum, there were several issues but i don't remember.but if you search this great library you will find out.

So its safe to bet on nad c399 in that case are there any issues with that unit as well?

diddley

Forum Donor

diddley

Forum Donor
This is what i am looking for huge big upgrade!!! :)))

So its safe to bet on nad c399 in that case are there any issues with that unit as well?
I read nothing bad about the C399, although i'm very intrested in the new C389

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I read nothing bad about the C399, although i'm very intrested in the new C389
If there is nothing glaringly obvious regarding issues with either NAD and they both have the features you need then buy the more powerful one. The KEFs will appreciate a good'n big powerful amp.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

If there is nothing glaringly obvious regarding issues with either NAD and they both have the features you need then buy the more powerful one. The KEFs will appreciate a good'n big powerful amp.
I hope these junky nad units wont brake their build quality is so terrible.. and low...

arent c389 older model?

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

Where do you get the idea that NAD is junky and has terrible build quality?

Older or newer if the features are good then they are good.
A lot of broken m10 units and other models... i hope they improved the build quality at least for that premium price.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
A lot of broken m10 units and other models... i hope they improved the build quality at least for that premium price.
I understand from the M10 review here at ASR that there where some nagging issues with it but I was hoping the M10 II would have those issues rectified.

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This very concept is not even a thing. Never was, never will.

Seriously, do you really think that there is any kind of existing standard out there, that tells "x amp audio quality = x percent"? Who invented it? Who evaluates it?

Please... :facepalm:

Very weird way to introduce a thread...:rolleyes:
I assume there is some history to that bot thing. There are two more threads on the amp (and speaker) selection topic from him on this forum somewhere.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

Nad C399 is rated about 180w per channel at 8ohm,

nad c298 is rated for about 185w per channel at 8ohm so not much more power :)

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

Is it trolling to create multiple threads to ask the same questions?

3 to date so far, I think.
I dont troll i just want to take the best possible option for my problem.

Danaxus

imho, go with the C 399. It has enough power for the R3, has a very capable DAC (saving you not only money for a separate, but also cables, clutter, etc), and supports Dirac. I view the C 298 more as a power amp than anything else. If you've got a pair of power-hungry floor standers, by all means get a couple of 298's, but for the R3s? a C 399 is a more elegant solution imho.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

imho, go with the C 399. It has enough power for the R3, has a very capable DAC (saving you not only money for a separate, but also cables, clutter, etc), and supports Dirac. I view the C 298 more as a power amp than anything else. If you've got a pair of power-hungry floor standers, by all means get a couple of 298's, but for the R3s? a C 399 is a more elegant solution imho.
i have read the specs i think C399 have better sabre dac compared to c658, but in the future when i get better speakers i will need to change the amp as well...
i never heard on person r3 so i am not sure if i will like them. I cant return them of course.

Top Bottom