• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

NAD C 298 Power Amplifier With Purifi Eigentakt Amplification

jasoncd

Has anyone had a problem with autosense only turning on one channel on the amplifier? Amplifer turns on, but only one of two channels work. Have to toggle the rca/xlr switch to get it to click and play both. Not sure if this is an amplifier issue, firmware issues, or just autosense. I haven't tested with 12v trigger, I guess I'll play around with that next.

Yes it's happened twice that I recall the past three months. Not a big annoyance when it's pretty rare, but doesn't fill me with confidence either.

Angsty

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Send those sketchy units in to Lenbrook/NAD for repair and a possible service bulletin for MOD'ing.

pablolie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Send those sketchy units in to Lenbrook/NAD for repair and a possible service bulletin for MOD'ing.
The problem is NAD directs you to service shops as soon as equipment is out of warranty. They'll only let you send stuff directly to them it it is still under warranty.

The touch power buttons also have a documented tendency to brick the D series units. That d*mn power button is also a nuisance on the M22. I don't see the point in those touch buttons at all.

Angsty

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Mebbe. I generally defeat all autosense circuit operations in all devices except for 12v triggers.
After my “iffy” experiences, I also stopped using autosense, even after my amplifier got the field modification.

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
happened to me twice (both times with extremely low voltage signals being used to wake)

D

Deleted member 51459

Hi people what are the best pre amplifiers options for nad c298?

D

Deleted member 51459

i need pre amplifier to be able to hook up 2 speakers. kef r3

D

Deleted member 51459

2 single speakers? Or two PAIRS, like with A/B switching? (Which would require another amp...or an A/B switch)
i will have 2 speakers
kef r3
not 2 pairs :)

1 left speaker 1 right speaker.

Mehdiem

i will have 2 speakers
kef r3
not 2 pairs :)

1 left speaker 1 right speaker.
How many sources do you have and what type they are? In other words how many input and what types of input do you need on your pre-amp?

Mehdiem

2 single speakers? Or two PAIRS, like with A/B switching? (Which would require another amp...or an A/B switch)
I didn't know they are audiophile-grade A/B switches. Can you introduce some good ones?

D

Deleted member 51459

How many sources do you have and what type they are? In other words how many input and what types of input do you need on your pre-amp?
I will use source my computer either via aux, optical network or wireless via airplay from my phone so i can say 1-2 sources max

Mehdiem

I will use source my computer either via aux, optical network or wireless via airplay from my phone so i can say 1-2 sources max
If two digital sources can suffice, I highly recommend RME ADI-2 DAC. For the following reason; (1) great headphone amp (2) you will get parametric EQ (3) great sounding DAC.

Here is my setup: Node, RME, NAD C298, KEF LS50.

Edit:
You can get output from your computer to RME, through USB, and you still have optical and another Coax for other digital uses. RME ADI-2 DAC is not technically called pre-amp, but some fellows here recommend it, and I'm very happy with it.

nothingman

Nobody waste your time. This guy has already dragged people on a five page preamp journey and he hates everything that’s been recommended to him, is rude, has a crazy buying scheme involving the gray market and accountant being able to expense the purchase, has limited options in his county, and only a passing understanding of what a preamp even is. We started joking that he is a bot scraping for an AI program.

D

Deleted member 51459

Nobody waste your time. This guy has already dragged people on a five page preamp journey and he hates everything that’s been recommended to him, is rude, has a crazy buying scheme involving the gray market and accountant being able to expense the purchase, has limited options in his county, and only a passing understanding of what a preamp even is. We started joking that he is a bot scraping for an AI program.
I dont hate anything i simply doesnt have every single option available in my country. In my country i dont have OFFICIAL dealers for any brand!
there gray imported dealerships only.

If two digital sources can suffice, I highly recommend RME ADI-2 DAC. For the following reason; (1) great headphone amp (2) you will get parametric EQ (3) great sounding DAC.

Here is my setup: Node, RME, NAD C298, KEF LS50.

Edit:
You can get output from your computer to RME, through USB, and you still have optical and another Coax for other digital uses. RME ADI-2 DAC is not technically called pre-amp, but some fellows here recommend it, and I'm very happy with it.

it lacks airplay streaming right?

mocenigo

Major Contributor
i need pre amplifier to be able to hook up 2 speakers. kef r3

uh? I use one DAC and splitter cables so that I can drive the stereo Purifi amp for the midbass/treble/supertweeter section of my speakers and the two plate amps of the bass/subbass units.

Top Bottom