• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

NAD 3050 vs Technics SU-GX70

Mishka_On_Sever

Hello dear Sirs.

Need your advice.

I have asymmetrical room with huge mirrors and one of the speakers located in the deep corner, so it’s INTENSIVE auto room correction required!

For that reason I think about upgrade to NAD 3050 or Technics SU-GX70, as it seems both brands provide these models with the best room correction software possible (better than Yamaha).

But maybe one’s room correction is better than another one?

I’m in a situation of quite difficult returns, so it will be cool to get the best one for my requirements.

For me NAD looks 10 times better, but looks like Technics has more sophisticated tech inside.

Speakers: Lintons, never listening loud so power is not a point

Thank you rof your opinions

Last edited:

MarkS

Major Contributor
Welcome to the forum!

The NAD has Dirac Live room correction, which is a well established option. The Technics has something called "Space Tune", and I can't find any info on it.

Based on that, I would definitely go with the NAD.

OP
M

Mishka_On_Sever

Welcome to the forum!

The NAD has Dirac Live room correction, which is a well established option. The Technics has something called "Space Tune", and I can't find any info on it.

Based on that, I would definitely go with the NAD.
Thank you for your opinion Mark, I had red the whole internet and found only one comparing both room corrections here, and the authors says this: "The calibration of the Technics is quite simple. The one with DIRAC is much more complex and complicated. You need the software on a smartphone, tablet or laptop. The measurement result, i.e. the frequency response, can be adjusted manually later" So it's look like Dirac is really better room correction software. The last thing I'm looking for - comparing the measurements of Technics and NAD.

dlaloum

Major Contributor
First get heavy curtains that can be pulled in front of the mirror during listening sessions... The mirror will be contributing nasty reflections!

pogo

Major Contributor
I have asymmetrical room with huge mirrors and one of the speakers located in the deep corner, so it’s INTENSIVE auto room correction required!
I have been able to significantly improve such situations several times with Dirac Live, i.e. phantom center,... were restored.

Top Bottom