• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

My X-SABRE Pro has dropouts

japan

Hey there people of ASR, has anyone else experienced something similar to what I'm going through with their X-SABRE Pro? Would appreciate any help.

I've had the X-SABRE Pro for a bit now, I produce music and noticed quickly that very specific combinations of low frequency sounds will cause a dropout. There seems to be a really strange sweet spot for it to happen, say I have a kick drum causing this dropout and pan it left/right it will no longer dropout, or turn it down .1db or up .1db it will no longer dropout. I can't really specify it more than that. Very odd. I like the sound of this DAC otherwise but really I'll have to replace it if I cannot fix this.

I've played with pretty much every setting and nothing changes it, except ASYNC/SYNC option the dropout will sound nastier on SYNC. I'm afraid I don't know how to approach it much more than that. Suggestions?

Top Bottom