• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

My Topping E70 is defective. Skipping issue

mocenigo

Major Contributor
almost with every dac they put out there is a series of new issues.

There is however also an industry wide problem with receiver chips, since the only really good one was by AKM, and, well, it was manufactured in the foundry that went up in flames...

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Have you tried the new firmware? Totally fixed the issue here. I didnt even need to go to 15, 10 already did the trick.
Like I said I never use optical so no I haven't tried 1.04. I only tried it out of curiosity to see if it did the skipping with Samsung. It looked like everyone has LG but me.

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I didnt even need to go to 15, 10 already did the trick.
No one wants to go to 15 ;):

jsgen182

Good news here folks. The options to change jitter sensitivity in the firmware 1.04 really worked. I set to 10 and no skipping to be heard.

Thank you Topping for providing a very practical fix to the end user.
Sorry to bother, I feel like I pain asking but can I ask where you found the 1.04 update for the E70? I just got the E70 and am having the same issue but only see firmware update 1.03 on Topping download site. I apologize if this isn’t the correct place to post a question like this.

OP
H

Human Bass

Addicted to Fun and Learning

ErkyPerky

Do you have access to some windows machine? I guess it would be the simpler solution, it takes less than 2 minutes.

Do you have access to some windows machine? I guess it would be the simpler solution, it takes less than 2 minutes

Do you have access to some windows machine? I guess it would be the simpler solution, it takes less than 2 minutes.
Before I start the firmware process, I have to long press the volume knob to get 'dfu' on the display right?

aphysically

I reached out to topping about this, they said they will implement DPLL settings that will solve the toslink issue in the next firmware update.
Did this ever happen? Does anyone know how to change the setting to fix it?

raygun

Sorry. I feel like I’m missing something. Where in the process do you adjust the jitter? I have downloaded 1.04 from the link posted in this thread. I’ve been having issues with a Samsung tv.

Top Bottom