• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

My Titanic 1200 subwoofer gets a new cabinet (and uncovers a new problem)

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
After fixing the driver, put it into new 90 liter cabinet. The original one was about 60 liters and a cube. Now the FR pretty much matches my smaller vented one (above 30 Hz). Will see how these 2 work in my home theater setup...

D53F3037-E2C8-41D2-826E-F8A279085BB3.jpeg

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Is there room for a beer cooler in there?

OP
Rick Sykora

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Is there room for a beer cooler in there?

As a matter of fact, yes there is ;)...

Seriously though, the size is not too bad, however, the weight is.:oops:

Could get it around by myself before I doubled the front baffle and mounted the driver. So I empathize with Amir trying to hoist any serious weight into Klippel fixture!

Prana Ferox

Addicted to Fun and Learning
My bigger boxes I've seriously considered putting casters on, at least in place of the back feet.

OP
Rick Sykora

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It is back in place and did a quick Audyssey cal. It sounds much better. Preferred the vented one before. Now to see how they play together...

OP
Rick Sykora

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Tried adding the vented subwoofer diagonally across from the sealed one. Unfortunately, this did not work out as it is too close to the primary listening and is annoyingly calling attention to itself :(. Had to deal with some client needs lately so hoping I get back to this soon!

OP
Rick Sykora

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Ran some wire to place the vented sub to the far back of the room (they used to be across the front together but no longer have the space). Still can localize by its boom. Am perplexed as never noticed until now.

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Ran some wire to place the vented sub to the far back of the room (they used to be across the front together but no longer have the space). Still can localize by its boom. Am perplexed as never noticed until now.
Have you measured the in room response, as a system and individually?

Grandzoltar

Forum Donor
Its very difficult to get sealed and ported to play nice with each other. Are you using a mini dsp to help with integration?

OP
Rick Sykora

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks, but no have not pulled out the measurement equip yet, usually if Audyssey sounds good, I just run with it.

Will likely do this weekend. No minidsp is the loop, but have one. Have to measure first...

Top Bottom