• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

My Tidal subscription is about to expire, what next?

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
It's the only lossless streaming service I've tried so far , SQ is good and the app is pretty stable, but i wonder if other apps could sound better?
Obviously I'm considering Qobuz, Spotify hi-fi and Deezer hifi.

levimax

Major Contributor
It's the only lossless streaming service I've tried so far , SQ is good and the app is pretty stable, but i wonder if other apps could sound better?
I switched from Tidal to Qobuz because I don't like MQA. Qobuz sounds good just like Tidal did, I can't tell a difference. Qobuz is $5.00 per month cheaper. Don't really care for the apps for either one but they both work.

dmac6419

Major Contributor
I switched from Tidal to Qobuz because I don't like MQA. Qobuz sounds good just like Tidal did, I can't tell a difference. Qobuz is $5.00 per month cheaper. Don't really care for the apps for either one but they both work.
IMHO Tidal sounds better,I like MQA,Flac,Ogg,Mp3,Alac,Opus,Wv,etc as long as it sounds good I can enjoy it,but to each their own.

levimax

Major Contributor
IMHO Tidal sounds better,I like MQA,Flac,Ogg,Mp3,Alac,Opus,Wv,etc as long as it sounds good I can enjoy it,but to each their own.
I don't have a problem with the sound of MQA but I chose not to support a company that is pushing to what is in my mind an underhanded money grabbing scheme with a potentially long term anti-consumer outcome.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
LOL how is mqa lossless? Plenty of other choices than that nonsense....

dmac6419

Major Contributor
I don't have a problem with the sound of MQA but I chose not to support a company that is pushing to what is in my mind an underhanded money grabbing scheme with a potentially long term anti-consumer outcome.
I hear you ,to each his own,

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I rip my own CD'S, now who's making you subscribe to Tidal, do us a favor and stop with the MQA BS,it's getting old and redundant.

LOL so you continue the mqa nonsense and blame it on me? Good luck with that. MQA is bullshit (and lossy). Period.

dmac6419

Major Contributor
Same to you but your promotion of this nonsense just gets old......
Dude you're promoting BS,like I said the first time stop with the MQA bullshit,who's holding a gun to your noggin?,we done with this conversation please don't respond thank you buh buh

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    988 KB · Views: 191

dmac6419

Major Contributor
Same to you but your promotion of this nonsense just gets old......
You've been dormant for a long time as soon as someone mentions Tidal and or MQA you come out of the woodwork,what is wrong with you?

Daverz

Major Contributor

What's your current streaming setup? My advice is to try streaming software that supports the services you want to try. I don't like having to run a separate app for every service, so I've only tried the Qobuz app once (I have an LMS/RPi setup). I switched from Tidal to Qobuz, and there were some teething problems when they introduced Qobuz in the US, but I think most problems have been worked out.

amper42

Major Contributor

I subscribed to Tidal, Amazon Hi-fi, Apple Music and Qobuz. My favorite based on sound quality, selection, interface and price is Qobuz. In my opinion, Qobuz beats them all by quite a bit. The $14.99 price a month is a bargain for the quality and selection. Tidal is pretty far back in 2nd place. I especially like using Qobuz with Audirvana.

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I have Qobuz and find it satisfactory.
I haven't subscribed to any others but all have the common problem in dealing with classical music (song, artist being primal rather than composer, work) including Qobuz, which is why I don't stream much (and usually buy the CD if I really find something I like :))
"Higher" res than 16/44 is pointless though IMO given 16/44.1 encompases everything audible.

dmac6419

Major Contributor
I think Tidal is really going to take off with the new ownership. Hopefully the price stays the same.
Wait till this new generation have to start paying for music ( NFT's )
New ownership has money and not just subscribers, imagine if they have a free tier with advertising dollars coming in, Spotify wouldn't survive without advertising dollars

Top Bottom