• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

My recording of Alinde wind Quintet in Carolinum hall of Charles University, Prague

It is an unprocessed recording in full dynamics in its raw form, with prevailing direct sound from the instruments.

This sounds great, amazing what can be achieved with such a minimalist setup! I own many recordings by big labels that don’t sound this good.

And before anyone says “yeah, but it’s just a small chamber ensemble” – Denon and Delos have demonstrated that you can get great results recording large orchestras with single-point microphone technique.

Thank you all for the comments and opinions. Unfortunately, the link is deleted for copyright reasons.
since it is essentially free advertising, where did the copyright issue originate?

Reactions: pma
since it is essentially free advertising, where did the copyright issue originate?
Exactly, it is in fact free advertising of the young and almost unknown group of people. However, after I had posted the link, they sent me an e-mail and they asked me not to share the recording, even if they appreciated the recording. I think it might be a general rule of permission of taking the recordings during such events.

Exactly, it is in fact free advertising of the young and almost unknown group of people. However, after I had posted the link, they sent me an e-mail and they asked me not to share the recording, even if they appreciated the recording. I think it might be a general rule of permission of taking the recordings during such events.
Hmmmm… Any possibility of getting their permission? ~

You could point out that numerous people that listened to it had followed up by searching and finding their YouTube recordings (me, of course).

Too late to the party; would be nice to get permission. Such raw recordings are quite rare.

Probably was from right's holders of the music itself. Music publishing companies have ways of maintaining such rights for hundreds of years. One of the groups I recorded had combined in a creative way some middle age music and a late 18th century Christmas carol. A different company had rights to each. The middle age music was somehow owned by a company even though it wasn't known who wrote the music originally. Getting permission was nigh on impossible.

So my guess is the people who arranged for this musical performance ( was it the University?) are well aware of the pitfalls of recordings even if they can perform the music. So they reflexively restrict permission. And there are variances between different countries as well.

Hmmmm… Any possibility of getting their permission? ~

You could point out that numerous people that listened to it had followed up by searching and finding their YouTube recordings (me, of course).

Trying to do so. We shall see, I shall inform here how it is going on.

The University is just one of the places where the festival is performed. It is organized by

Yes, so the International Music Festival is going to retain rights for that. They may even have some distribution rights they sell so not likely they'll grant permission, but hopefully they will.

Did you ask permission when you recorded it?

I have not realized at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom