• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

My Rankings

• Thread starter Deleted member 60987
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 60987

Oddly enough I bought headphones based on neutrality and price. I use them for mixing and want a variety. Definitely learned a lot. Almost sold my Shure SRH 440 because they have a shaky build, loose wires and good resale value. Luckily someone bought my M40X instead. Fine with me. Even lower neutrality rating, but he likes that bass boost, and sound isolation being a DJ.
As far as a side by side on sound, regardless of use for mixing?
1 Shure SRH440
2 Rockville M50 Pro
3 Samson SR 850
4 Superlux 681
5 AKG 361
6 Sony MDR 7506
7 ATH M50X

The Sennheiser 560s are great but not very immersive.
This is what's interesting about side by side comparisons. Immersiveness generally wins. Why I liked the 361s immediately. Which were very similar to the 371s with a tad less bass and LESS immersive but at a great price.

That said, for years I listened on AKG K52 because they were so light, comfortable and unintrusive, which works for work or surfing the internet.
What makes the 560s very good. I might actually use them for work because of that but that relaxed Sennheiser sound generally loses on side by sides because of that.
They are not dramatic. And dramatic wins in the 10 or 15 seconds you throw them on and compare them. But this is all very subjective. All the ones I have are very good.
But immersive will win in a 10 or 15 second test. In the long haul, warm and relaxed might do better when you are not comparing or intensely listening to music.
It was interesting to see the SRH 440s come in second in a poll of 2,0086 headphones. They do get your attention.

Attachments

• 0 HeadphoneNeutrality 3.jpg
    0 HeadphoneNeutrality 3.jpg
    314.3 KB · Views: 71
Last edited by a moderator:
OP
D

Deleted member 60987

Note the Samson and Rockville are made for recording studios. Not expensive and probably the only headphones they even make. But that is probably why they are good. That's it for them. No more models.

Top Bottom