• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

My Qudelix 5k is getting quite warm to the touch when hooked to my desktop computer which is about 14 years old...usb 2?

bkjernisted

With Hifiman Sundaras, which are around a 35 ohm headphone or slightly more, can I have the gain set to + 6db. I was at a volume of about 70 db. When I unhooked the Qudelix 5K it was overly warm. Will I harm the QK at +6db or harm my Sundaras? Because they are a low impedance headphone, does this mean I should not be going above the 0db level. I don't want to harm the QK or my headphones. The preset I was using was the dance preset. I will try it on my tablet once I find out what the rules of thumb are about low gain and high gain.
Another question I have is whether I can connect to an ipad pro with the usb c to usb c adapter?

Top Bottom