• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

My PC 2.0 System and REW

Franc91

Hi everyone, I'm new here, I wanted to share with you the construction of my 2.0 system for my Desktop PC consisting of:

- Klipsch R-50M (Speaker)
- Loxjie A30 (AMP)
- Topping E30 II (DAC)

For all Connections I used triple shielded cables, the Topping DAC is connected via USB to the PC and RCA to the Amplifier, the speakers are connected with 14 AWG cables, the dedicated DAC was a choice for an even more refined system, I really like the Loxjie A30 but I've read that the DAC via USB is not its strong point, for example my girlfriend sometimes connects via bluetooth with her phone and uses my system. My Room is already treated with Panels and Bass Traps in the corners, I keep the diffusers about 5" from the wall for space reasons, the Starting situation was this:

stock.jpg

After correction with Umik-1 + REW

eq280hz.jpg

My main problem was that resonance in the 105-107Hz area, now the sound is much cleaner, in fact that resonance dirty the bass and vocals a lot, listening is very pleasant at high volume, what do you think of my setup and the response curve? I'm new to this world I started a few months ago to deepen with REW and improve everything possible ...

Greetings, Francesco.

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
My advice:
1. "Average the responses" of at least 3 measurements for each speaker.
2. Apply a "frequency-dependent window" of something like 1/12 oct to all to keep the EQ from going crazy with the bands later.
3. For accurate results up in the kHz, apply a window of 1-2 ms max to measurements. You may want to create the EQ in steps, per frequency range.
4. Don't use such a huge vertical scale. 200 dB - really? Try more like 50 dB.

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just for your reference and interest, I use my primitive but reliable "cumulative white noise averaging" method for Fq response measurement.
You can find the details and pros/merits, here (#392), here (#404), and here (#708), in my project thread.

And room acoustics is the great (even greatest?) factor in Fq response especially in low Fq zone. My post here (#687) would be of your interest, I assume.

Last edited:
OP
F

Franc91

My advice:
1. "Average the responses" of at least 3 measurements for each speaker.
2. Apply a "frequency-dependent window" of something like 1/12 oct to all to keep the EQ from going crazy with the bands later.
3. For accurate results up in the kHz, apply a window of 1-2 ms max to measurements. You may want to create the EQ in steps, per frequency range.
4. Don't use such a huge vertical scale. 200 dB - really? Try more like 50 dB.
Thx For Reply, summarizing then for the scale of the graph i just applied the recommended settings, to get 1/12, its not my measurement but like this one in the picture is it ok?

test.jpg

Just for your reference and interest, I use my primitive but reliable "cumulative white noise averaging" method for Fq response measurement.
You can find the details and pros/merits, here (#392), here (#404), and here (#708), in my project thread.

And room acoustics is the great (even greatest?) factor in Fq response especially in low Fq zone. My post here (#687) would be of your interest, I assume.
Thank you! Really Very interesting I think that after the holidays I will deepen a lot!

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If you would be interested in using super-high-precision well QC-ed white noise, you can find it in "Sony Super Audio Check CD" as I shared here.

You would please simply PM me writing your wish if you would like to use the contents/tracks of "Sony Super Audio Check CD".

Top Bottom