• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

My NAD C658 RCA preout jack has snapped on first use!

EB1000

Hi

Today I decided to try and use the SE main preouts to connect the MiniDSP 2X4HD instead of the dedicated subwoofer preouts. I used a standard Amazon basics RCA cable, and when inserted the the right channel it went in smoothly, but when I inserted the left jack I felt some resistance, which I thought was due to the jack being tighter. I applied more force but not too much and then it went in quick making a snapping sound. I've tested the outputs and now no matter which cable I use, the there is no sound from the right channel unless I press the cable down and hold it pressed.

I assume the jack was faulty from the beginning. I called the store from which I got the unit and they told me that my warranty was expired and a such repair, which will require replacing the jack sockets, will cost me 500$.

I did not open the cover yet because I don't have the special star screwdriver. But I was wondering when can I get such dual (L/R) vertical RCA socket (see attached pic).

Any chance it can be fixed in place w/o having to remove the main motherboard the de-soldier?

Can anyone identify the exact NAD RCA socket and provide the clear picture of it?

Thanks

nad658.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
EB1000

EB1000

I found the sockets that NAD use, this is a 4 RCA, I need the 2-RCA. I can assume that the back metal connector got broken or deformed. I wonder if it can be straighten and put back in place
4rca_.jpg

Top Bottom