• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

My Informal Dirac Review

f1shb0n3

Forum Donor
Has there been any research on time domain corrections and listeners showing a preference of time domain being corrected vs not corrected?
I'm curious too about research on the topic, but the Dirac effect is very audible and a very significant improvement to my ears. I've shown it to many people, they perceive the same effect of improved imaging and tightly focused sounds when enabled and everyone preferred it to uncorrected.

Dj7675

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm curious too about research on the topic, but the Dirac effect is very audible and a very significant improvement to my ears. I've shown it to many people, they perceive the same effect of improved imaging and tightly focused sounds when enabled and everyone preferred it to uncorrected.
But it seems hard to separate out the frequency response correction and the time domain correction.

f1shb0n3

Forum Donor

Conmoto22

Are speaking of the low frequency or full version of Dirac? I'm 2 days into my first Dirac experience (low frequency only) and really impressed.

f1shb0n3

Forum Donor
Are speaking of the low frequency or full version of Dirac? I'm 2 days into my first Dirac experience (low frequency only) and really impressed.
I use Dirac with full range, all my speakers need treble to be reduced a bit in some range.

Top Bottom