• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

My God, Its Full of Snake Oil

Vacceo

Major Contributor
That was a mis-spelling in some photos. The actual maker says Anti Aerial as in radio aerial (antenna). So RFI control allegedly.

Now a real Tesla coil would transmit energy wirelessly. The implied operation here is a wound Tesla coil is intercepting RFI energy in the environment. However a counter wound Tesla coil is claimed to intercept the same energy and cancel it out like sort of kinda the way balanced wiring works when twisted together for CMRR. Of course this is all conceptually a hodge podge of garbled bollocks. Stunning preposterous levels of it. Exceeded only by the price they are charging for it.
Anti Aerial? Made from flak 88 German leftover guns?

fordiebianco

Forum Donor

Astoneroad

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

"My God, Its Full of Snake Oil"​

Of course it is... your god... along with those gods of anyone else who promise lifted veils in exchange for pieces of silver... MANY pieces of silver.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I’ve actually seen them talk about the noise that is already “in” the wires, and not intercepted from the air. Question is: why would it be destructive for noise, and not for the primary signal? It’s all nonsense…
Ahem. Bybee quantum purifiers.

Galliardist

Major Contributor

DSJR

Major Contributor
I love 2010. Guilty pleasure of mine, but there has rarely been a Sci-Fi movie with a better cast.
2001 blew my young mind at the time and on release, 2010 left me cold. Not at all now, decades years on. I appreciate both hugely - and still revere the music piece 'Lux Aeterna' which always sends shivers up my spine ;)

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I watched Ansuz deliberately faking demos of their power conditioners and cables/cords at the Florida Audio Expo. Snake oil charlatans of the worst kind.

Martin
If I had to choose between them being charlatans or idiots, charlatans are less depressing.

Gregss

Hello,

Sadly these companies make money off selling BS. If only people would stop giving them their cash, they would stop in a heartbeat.
But in reality there is "one born every minute" has always been true and this will never stop.

fordiebianco

Forum Donor
No need. Most of us are still keen on science and scepticism. Just don't go between October and March, unless you love perpetual rain, mud and darkness :D

Ever been to the Republic of Ireland?

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
To paraphase from my favourite movie.

I will just leave you with this price list I saw from a company called Ansuz,who make a big play on the Tesla Coil Principle that is the basis for their "tech"

No one needs to reply.... we will all say the same stuff we have on other threads but it still boggles my mind that (1) a company has the balls to sell stuff priced like this and (2) there are punters that will buy it

Mainz8 D-TC Supreme Power Distributor

Retail: $44,000

PowerSwitch D-TC Supreme Ethernet Switch

Retail: $16,000

Signalz D-TC Supreme Interconnects

Retail: $33,000 (2M/Pair)

Speakz D-TC Supreme Speaker Cables

Retail: $70,000 (3M/Pair)

Digitalz D-TC Supreme Digital Cable

Retail: $17,600 (2M/Each/RCA/BNC/XLR)

Digitalz D-TC Supreme Ethernet Cable

Retail: $8000 (2M/Each)

Mainz D-TC Supreme AC Power Cords

Retail: $44,000 (3M/Each)Darkz T2 Supreme

I should skip reading this stuff. It gets me angry.

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
Ever been to the Republic of Ireland?

Nope, but I'd like to visit on day. I've also heard that Scotland has much of the same winter misery to offer. But at least they have some lovely mountains. Denmark is litterally just a pile of sand (not counting Bornholm).

thegeton

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Anti Comic Sans I could understand… maybe this is what the Chinese solved long ago: use as many type faces as possible on your product. It creates a kind of analog sounding jitter.

Or worst case, a high enough level of visual noise is created such that buyer perceived value is enhanced...

bquimby

Nope, but I'd like to visit on day. I've also heard that Scotland has much of the same winter misery to offer. But at least they have some lovely mountains. Denmark is litterally just a pile of sand (not counting Bornholm).

I can see the "Visit Denmark" posters:

"Take your vacation in Denmark! It's literally a big pile of sand! Come for the mud, stay for the rain and darkness! (But we do have Hygge...)"

:p

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
There's also a lot of "good guys" to visit if you want to avoid this voodoo trio.

B&O, Purifi, Scan-Speak, SB Acoustics, Acculution, Dynaudio, Dali, Jamo.. to name a few off the top of my head.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
There's also a lot of "good guys" to visit if you want to avoid this voodoo trio.

B&O, Purifi, Scan-Speak, SB Acoustics, Acculution, Dynaudio, Dali, Jamo.. to name a few off the top of my head.
Lars Risbo alone is one fine example of Dane who has contributed greatly to audio. :)

dorakeg

To paraphase from my favourite movie.

I will just leave you with this price list I saw from a company called Ansuz,who make a big play on the Tesla Coil Principle that is the basis for their "tech"

No one needs to reply.... we will all say the same stuff we have on other threads but it still boggles my mind that (1) a company has the balls to sell stuff priced like this and (2) there are punters that will buy it

Mainz8 D-TC Supreme Power Distributor

Retail: $44,000

PowerSwitch D-TC Supreme Ethernet Switch

Retail: $16,000

Signalz D-TC Supreme Interconnects

Retail: $33,000 (2M/Pair)

Speakz D-TC Supreme Speaker Cables

Retail: $70,000 (3M/Pair)

Digitalz D-TC Supreme Digital Cable

Retail: $17,600 (2M/Each/RCA/BNC/XLR)

Digitalz D-TC Supreme Ethernet Cable

Retail: $8000 (2M/Each)

Mainz D-TC Supreme AC Power Cords

Retail: $44,000 (3M/Each)Darkz T2 Supreme

Think of the bright side... Only the super rich can afford such stuff. When they spend $$$, its good for economy.

Top Bottom