• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

My God, Its Full of Snake Oil

fatoldgit

To paraphase from my favourite movie.

I will just leave you with this price list I saw from a company called Ansuz,who make a big play on the Tesla Coil Principle that is the basis for their "tech"

No one needs to reply.... we will all say the same stuff we have on other threads but it still boggles my mind that (1) a company has the balls to sell stuff priced like this and (2) there are punters that will buy it

Mainz8 D-TC Supreme Power Distributor

Retail: $44,000

PowerSwitch D-TC Supreme Ethernet Switch

Retail: $16,000

Signalz D-TC Supreme Interconnects

Retail: $33,000 (2M/Pair)

Speakz D-TC Supreme Speaker Cables

Retail: $70,000 (3M/Pair)

Digitalz D-TC Supreme Digital Cable

Retail: $17,600 (2M/Each/RCA/BNC/XLR)

Digitalz D-TC Supreme Ethernet Cable

Retail: $8000 (2M/Each)

Mainz D-TC Supreme AC Power Cords

Retail: $44,000 (3M/Each)Darkz T2 Supreme

Last edited:

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
You have to admire the amount of specs they provide:
9AB4DFD0-87E4-467B-AD09-5183BBAF8D7F.jpeg

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It's actually useful to know. If you search for Ansuz cable review you know which reviewers not to trust. The same red flag when someone takes 3 pages to describe how different and distinct a DAC sounds.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
And right on cue from Positive Feedback. Just yesterday.

We are now seeing more and more superb products entering the marketplace when it comes to Ethernet Switches, Power Conditioners, and Grounding components.

Last edited:

xaviescacs

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
A guy plugs a different power cord and says this (from the Positive Feedback article just posted):
From the opening guitar riff as Thompson stands alone, you can now clearly differentiate that this is electric and not acoustic guitar. His voice had a raspy fleshed out palpability that was never apparent before. Soon an additional electric guitar, drums, and bass enter the picture, yet all are nicely separated and three dimensional. Drums are particularly impressive here. You now get a fantastic amount of whack from the drum sticks and the clearly defined sharp staccato sound of the snares. All leads to a powerful thunderous weight to the mids and bass frequencies as the music builds to a crescendo. Such a physical and yet compelling combination!
This is not BS, is something else, more perverse and scary, some sort of sign of a terrifying advent yet to come. xD

Well, that's the negative view. The positive is that this is the ultimate prove of freedom of speech.

Last edited:

Hasse

Ansuz, Aavik and Börresen tightly linked together acc to their web site.
Something to think about!
I heard their sales talk on a High End fair a few years ago. All BS!

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
I have nothing to add to the thread, but the thread title brought a smile to my lips when I saw it! :)
Not my favorite movie of all, but in the top 10 and maybe top 5 -- and probably my single favorite director.

jupiter06.jpg

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
I remember another thread mentioning their €6,700 record weight.

I found it funny that the coating on the stupid thing was done with sputter deposition, but got described as done in a "particle accelerator". Technically correct, but any old CRT monitor is also a "particle accelerator". Not remotely as exotic and monumental as they'd like it to sound.

And apparently they have also rebranded the poor old inductor as an "Active Tesla Coil" giving it magical properties in the process :facepalm:

Looks like these companies take the saying: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" and twist it into: "Any customer sufficiently ignorant about technology will buy any moronic contraption as long as you describe it as being magical".

Ansuz, Aavik and Börresen tightly linked together acc to their web site.
Something to think about!
I heard their sales talk on a High End fair a few years ago. All BS!

Doesn't exactly do much good for my national pride that this trifecta of nonsense has appeared in my home country.

No disrespect to the many people who rely on these three companies for a steady income, but I do in some sadistic way hope that the collaboration was initiated out of desperacy. Not that I would like to see them file for bankruptcy, but any sign of the hobby being fed up with BS is more than welcome. Best scenario would be that they throw in the towel and start making useful products rather than the ones that leech on ignorance.

Not getting my hopes up though. I have a feeling that collaboration is actually taking place in order to squeeze a bountiful lemon of stupidity even more :D

Last edited:

Galliardist

Major Contributor

Well, you might have expected that when they write about the science of hifi, there would be some kind of explanation and measurements for all their anti-resonance and "active Tesla coils" unique technology.

Well, read this one for enlightenment.

Apparently, freezing metals makes them more crystalline, so the result is... crystal clear sound.

Top Bottom