• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

My first youtube interview... I am famous now!!!

raif71

Major Contributor
Thanks for the suggestions. I am actually all set to start doing videos. Spent the last few weeks getting my video system, lighting, etc. all done. It is a permanent fixture on my desk now so all I have to do is turn on the camera and go. My current thought is to start with on-demand videos. For live session as you see, it needs to be more than me so need more thought and organization. But I agree our message is not found much in youtube and we need to fix that.
Still watching the video (very long). Right now just listening at it and I must say you've taken care audio at your end. You sound much clearer than @HionHiFi . Must be good microphone. Thanks to @HionHiFi for doing the interview too. :)

HionHiFi

The very existence of this site (ASR, that is) creates "a ton of traffic!" :)

... now I do have to watch the video! :rolleyes:
(after dinner tonight!)

Thanks @HionHiFi !
Thank you. I appreciate you getting to the video. Please comment below whether positive or negative. I’d like to hear your thoughts so I can improve the content, production quality, etc.

HionHiFi

Still watching the video (very long). Right now just listening at it and I must say you've taken care audio at your end. You sound much clearer than @HionHiFi . Must be good microphone. Thanks to @HionHiFi for doing the interview too. :)
Yeah, I had some technical difficulties with my audio and video. I’ve since ironed them out. Stay tuned for the next interview. It’s a guy we all know from this forum.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Thank you. I appreciate you getting to the video. Please comment below whether positive or negative. I’d like to hear your thoughts so I can improve the content, production quality, etc.

I listened to it on 1.25x-1.5x speed... I'm not much of a YouTube guy, so I don't know if 2 hours is a normal length or not, but that's a long time to watch a video with absolutely no gratuitous nudity.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Still watching the video (very long). Right now just listening at it and I must say you've taken care audio at your end. You sound much clearer than @HionHiFi . Must be good microphone.
It is a Rhodes microphone attached to my DSLR. I too was surprised at its fidelity even though it is a foot or so away from my face and at an angle.

And yes, the video did get long. We had fun chatting and lost track of time I think. :)

HionHiFi

It is a Rhodes microphone attached to my DSLR. I too was surprised at its fidelity even though it is a foot or so away from my face and at an angle.
Was it a Rode Video Mic? Something like this shotgun mic. That’s probably what I will use next time. Oddly enough I have a similar shotgun microphone on a boom arm just above my head out of the camera frame. But I did not use it. Go figure.

5F62CFDC-DCFC-4977-A354-F6602B43FC28.jpeg

Emlin

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I listened to it on 1.25x-1.5x speed... I'm not much of a YouTube guy, so I don't know if 2 hours is a normal length or not, but that's a long time to watch a video with absolutely no gratuitous nudity.

I'm looking forward to the outtakes...

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Rhodes? I bought a Røde Stereo Videomic pro for about € 220 (because my Nikon D800 has only a mono mic) and its sound is very natural.

fløyen

RFLMA @ Greek
Actually, there is a difference between Greek lambskin and others. It is a kind-of hair sheep, so fairly tightly structured compared with say UK domestic sheepskin - no delamination between layers. Will be harder wearing too.

Reactions: 617

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just by looking at this interview, I’d suggest changing the lightbulbs in the vicinity to Daylight (5000K), makes the videos look much nicer.

I actually changed every single lightbulb in and outside our house to Daylight, and I love it, especially for the kitchen. I never got the comments of people saying it’s cold feeling, it’s the same color (in fact, actually warmer) than if I opened the blinds on the windows during the day.
Sunshine from high in the sky is closer to 6500k. Several hours before and after that apex it will match your 5000k and 4000k bulbs better. Near sunrise and sunset it will better match your 3000k bulbs so those are better to relax with in the evenings as bright white is too energizing. I have been known to mix bulbs together in a fixture to get the right combination depending on the room.

Anyway for video work we now have LED panels with the ability to dial in any color temperature.

Wombat

Master Contributor
20 minutes on you tube is enough(15 minutes of fame will fit).

Tight scripting and editing is required. Lengthy rambles do not encourage return visits.

Coach_Kaarlo

20 minutes on you tube is enough(15 minutes of fame will fit).

Tight scripting and editing is required. Lengthy rambles do not encourage return visits.

Hahaha, are you joking? If so I like - very funny! :)

If not joking continue reading.....

Joe Rogan tells a story about one of his expert online media mates who told him exactly that when he started doing youtube videos that were 2, 3 or 4 hours long.

I think 20 minutes probably applies if you do not have much to say or the content you have is simple.

However, many content providers record content in much longer format, and lo and behold the views keep flooding in......

Look through the interesting more scientific subjects and you will often see two plus hour interviews because many worthwhile subjects require that long to understand what is being discussed, and consider different aspects, points of view, research directions, etc etc.

Wombat

Master Contributor
Hahaha, are you joking? If so I like - very funny! :)

If not joking continue reading.....

Joe Rogan tells a story about one of his expert online media mates who told him exactly that when he started doing youtube videos that were 2, 3 or 4 hours long.

I think 20 minutes probably applies if you do not have much to say or the content you have is simple.

However, many content providers record content in much longer format, and lo and behold the views keep flooding in......

Look through the interesting more scientific subjects and you will often see two plus hour interviews because many worthwhile subjects require that long to understand what is being discussed, and consider different aspects, points of view, research directions, etc etc.

Complex topics at layman's level on Youtube? You are kidding me? Judging by the stuff that appears in forum posts it just doesn't work. Do the hard work and study in an organised manner from the fundamentals up.

My professional life involved communication of technical and other information to groups and individuals. I know a lot about it.

But then I wasn't dealing with lounge-lizards.

See my signature.

Last edited:

boselover61

Complex topics at layman's level on Youtube? You are kidding me? Judging by the stuff that appears in forum posts it just doesn't work. Do the hard work and study in an organised manner from the fundamentals up.

My professional life involved communication of technical and other information to groups and individuals. I know a lot about it.

But then I wasn't dealing with lounge-lizards.

See my signature.
You havent watched the interview have you? Amir address your first criticism literally in the first 20 mins of the video! Shame

Top Bottom