• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

My first setup!

dwamz

Hi forum,

Complete newbie here but I learned ton of things on this forum last couple of weeks, although still a lot to process decided to go after my first setup.

Want to build a 7.1 HT, but I will start only with front speakers, and expecting by end of this year to complete it.

I need help with choosing the right AVR, my initial idea is to go with Denon 1700h, but also want to hear your suggestions.

Heard couple of speakers, for now my favorite are the Elac Carina BS. Next on my list to hear are Klipsch R 600F, do not have KEF locally and before I buy anything first I want to do audition, especially the speakers.

Usage will be 70% music, 30% movies
My budget is $2000 for start, later one how I save money I'm going to upgrade the system, or simple if you think that I do not have enough money to start building my setup I will turn to stereo or 2.1

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Welcome to ASR!

I'm very happy with my 1700h. I think it's the cheapest AVR worth buying based on measured performance, room correction and software (I use the Android apps). Mine was a replacement a series of older AVRs (a couple of Yamaha's and a couple of Onkyo's), so the rest of the setup is quite vintage (FR: Rega Jura, C: Celestion C4-C, R: Mission M5DS, Sub: REL Quake), so I can't really comment on what I would pair it with today - although it would probably be KEF as i'm a Kentish lad :)

OP
D

dwamz

Welcome to ASR!

I'm very happy with my 1700h. I think it's the cheapest AVR worth buying based on measured performance, room correction and software (I use the Android apps). Mine was a replacement a series of older AVRs (a couple of Yamaha's and a couple of Onkyo's), so the rest of the setup is quite vintage (FR: Rega Jura, C: Celestion C4-C, R: Mission M5DS, Sub: REL Quake), so I can't really comment on what I would pair it with today - although it would probably be KEF as i'm a Kentish lad :)
Thank you!

Nice to hear that!
Also the 2700h might get in play only if I get discount, I see that one has out of 95w in comparison to 80w from 1700h

Top Bottom