• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

My first and special Hi Fi system

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Congrats!

-4 dB on the tweeter is quite a lot. Would be worthwhile figuring out why that is.

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have bought the 8040 and the EX5 and they soundd GREATTTT.

Thank you very much.

At first I was a bit concercened because they sounded a too bright and dull. Then I ajusted the Treble tilt control to -4db and now they sound great. I don't know if it was the ajustment that made it sound better, or if it was my ears that adapted to the new sound. Well, the important thing is that now they sound great to me, I'm hearing sounds that I have never heard in the songs that I used to listen. This was the objective, the sound is very accurate, and the bass is good enough I guess.

Thank you very much for you help. You are awsome.
I happy to hear you could stretch the budget for the 8040’s.

I have the 8050’s and if found by moving them closer or farther from the back wall I could really tune them for my preference.

Peluvius

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

Thank you very much.

At first I was a bit concercened because they sounded a too bright and dull. Then I ajusted the Treble tilt control to -4db and now they sound great. I don't know if it was the ajustment that made it sound better, or if it was my ears that adapted to the new sound. Well, the important thing is that now they sound great to me, I'm hearing sounds that I have never heard in the songs that I used to listen. This was the objective, the sound is very accurate, and the bass is good enough I guess.

Congrats. You have a set of speakers that you can now EQ to your preference with a refence baseline.

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Thank you very much.

Great. Just a hint: you need to put them on stands. Then the tweeter is on ear height and reflections from the desktop lead to cleaner upper bass. Just use books for an easy test.

Top Bottom