• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

My Dog - pet thread

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Not mine, but I would adopt him

1632078126674.png

1632078183435.png

Oldasdrt

Thanks, funny thing is I've been vegetarian for 30+ years :D so it's field trial competitions rather than hunting - but I have no problem with others eating the pheasant though.

We actually think he is related to Edward Gorey's doubtful guest - get up from the table and he's in your seat.

View attachment 154369
Dog logic tells him you sit at the table and you get food. Makes sense to him. He also has other characteristics of the doubtful guest such as laying across doorways and as a puppy would steal things from the house and run outside into the garden with them. A talented fashion designer too, shoes took on an open-toed look.

The Doubtful Guest even has a piece of music written about him/her - The Hapless Child and Other Inscrutable Stories.
Pheasant is fine eating :)

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My dog companions Loretta and Honey, both rescues. Such sweet pooches.
IMG_20210309_194510_643.jpg

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
In the UK people follow dogs and put their crap in plastic bags...I must be missing something
They do that here in Canada as well. I saw a guy with a huge St Bernard that dropped a couple pounds of sludge onto a soccer field beside a school and I was snarky and advised him to remove the pOO and he resisted but eventually after I advised him that dog pOO is thought to be responsible for making several young children very very sick in the city every year he relinquished and removed the pile of steamy excrement. :facepalm:

BinkieHuckerback

Addicted to Fun and Learning
...I (briefly, thank goodness) saw a woman catching it from her canine friend's posterior whilst out on a bike ride today...kudos for not leaving it 'behind', but dear me, wo/man's best friend? Any extra-terrestrial beings visiting Earth would surely conclude that dogs were in charge

Oldasdrt

They do that here in Canada as well. I saw a guy with a huge St Bernard that dropped a couple pounds of sludge onto a soccer field beside a school and I was snarky and advised him to remove the pOO and he resisted but eventually after I advised him that dog pOO is thought to be responsible for making several young children very very sick in the city every year he relinquished and removed the pile of steamy excrement. :facepalm:

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
...I (briefly, thank goodness) saw a woman catching it from her canine friend's posterior whilst out on a bike ride today...kudos for not leaving it 'behind', but dear me, wo/man's best friend? Any extra-terrestrial beings visiting Earth would surely conclude that dogs were in charge
I was walking along the sidewalk a couple of weeks ago and was behind a woman with a fair sized dog. She saw a log of dog pOO and she whipped out a plastic bag and picked it up and tossed it in the garbage. I thought, "Wow what a nice person."

Oldasdrt

Nala,poops like no tomorrow, but we've got Ten acres :)

Oldasdrt

I was walking along the sidewalk a couple of weeks ago and was behind a woman with a fair sized dog. She saw a log of dog pOO and she whipped out a plastic bag and picked it up and tossed it in the garbage. I thought, "Wow what a nice person."
Love Dogs,but no pickin up crap for me :)

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Love Dogs,but no pickin up crap for me :)
Lol... I grew up on a small farm and we daily had to clean out the stalls for the cows and pigs and bi-annually get right into the turkey, geese, ducks and chicken houses and clean those out too. Then there was a huge pile of steamy dung that we shovelled into the pickup truck several times and spread over a very large garden. POO got to be just a routine after that. After a day of pOO stuFF a longg hot shower was pretty nice. :D

Oldasdrt

Lol... I grew up on a small farm and we daily had to clean out the stalls for the cows and pigs and bi-annually get right into the turkey, geese, ducks and chicken houses and clean those out too. Then there was a huge pile of steamy dung that we shovelled into the pickup truck several times and spread over a very large garden. POO got to be just a routine after that. After a day of pOO stuFF a longg hot shower was pretty nice. :D
I was basically just kidding,we had lots of yardbirds and a pig, great compost for our gardens, the wife picks up the dog crap :):):):)

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I was basically just kidding,we had lots of yardbirds and a pig, great compost for our gardens, the wife picks up the dog crap :):):):)
The best part of all that is eating the meat and veggies. It makes it all worthwhile. :D

Top Bottom