• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

My Dog - pet thread

theBruce

I forgot that I had this picture on my ipad, here is my Lab waiting for the Stewardess to take his drink order-
5604DE6B-F3AA-4555-9C68-1F47091E2E87.jpeg

Putter

Forum Donor
This is my miniature poodle McIntosh (named after the beloved pooch from P.G. Wodehouses' Jeeves and Wooster stories, rather than the amplifier company or the computer manufacturer).

View attachment 205438She is a lot of fun, and quite enjoys music (and doesn't mind me mixing at all hours); the only thing she feels uncertain of is tone sweeps. With tone sweeps she gives me an annoyed look and a whine. :)
The matching hat is awesome!

Matthias McCready

The matching hat is awesome!
She is hoping that if she wears production blacks that she can accompany me to work. ;)

Someday perhaps, but first we need a little more training on not jumping on people though... I REALLY should have paid attention when the breeder, who specifically breeds dogs for show, mentioned her dad was a champion jumper. She is 14lb nothing, and we are making eye contact when she jumps. :oops:

norcalscott

Forum Donor
I forgot that I had this picture on my ipad, here is my Lab waiting for the Stewardess to take his drink order-
Traveling in STYLE!

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Sadly, we had to put Maisie to sleep a couple of months ago. RIP Maisie.

We waited a while for the right fury friend to appear (that needed re-homing via rescue) and it turned out to be these young ladies...

Wilma & Jasmine.jpg

Wilma and Jasmine are litter mates (which apparently can brings some challenges as they get older) and are what i'm calling 'multi-poos' (mother is a Maltese-cross, father is a Parti Poodle).

jsrtheta

Addicted to Fun and Learning

We waited a while for the right fury friend to appear (that needed re-homing via rescue) and it turned out to be these young ladies...

View attachment 242884

Wilma and Jasmine are litter mates (which apparently can brings some challenges as they get older) and are what i'm calling 'multi-poos' (mother is a Maltese-cross, father is a Parti Poodle).
I had to put down my Lacey a few weeks ago. It's a gut punch, for sure.

Maisie's now in my thoughts, too.

Ken1951

Addicted to Fun and Learning

View attachment 242884

I had litter mate Borzoi years ago and litter mate Standard Poodles recently and had zero problems with either. Good luck with these - so totally cute!

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
We had litter mate English Mastiffs and they were very attached to each other so when the female had to be euthanized the male only lived 3 months-we believe he died of a broken heart. They were both very sweet, gentle dogs that were also attached to us but their bond was unmistakable. So sorry you had to go through that experience-it's so painful every time...

Putter

Forum Donor
My dependents. From the top; Sparky, Herbie, Trixie and Lucy. First 3 are long haired dachshunds. Lucy is a Tibetan Spaniel (aka Tibbies) which requires some explanation because they are very uncommon in this country at least. They were kept by the Tibetan Monks as watchdogs on the walls of monasteries and as companions. Strictly for alerting to danger, there were Tibetan Mastiffs to do the heavy work. They were also given to royalty as gifts. They are also considered one of the oldest breeds with illustrations of Tibbies going back 2000 years. View attachment 205421
index.php
We recently lost Sparky, the reddish-brown dachshund at top. He was a 13-year-old rescue. We came home one night, and he was breathing rapidly. He had heart failure, apparently a common problem with older dachshunds, in this case likely due to a heart valve problem and we had to put him down. I miss him terribly, but his health and energy had been declining in the last few months and must admit that I was relieved when his labored breathing ceased, which meant that he was now at peace.

fatoldgit

They look so different without the ears cropped.

Cropped ears are illegal in NZ. Tail docking wasnt as well but we have now gone all PC/Woke/Cancel Culture so thats out as well.

I think seeing a Dobby with a long tail is more of a shock than normal ears.

Peter

OP
NiagaraPete

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
NiagaraPete

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom