• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

My DIY speakers -"J&N"

OP
jororaitchev

jororaitchev

My new acquisition; Denon AVC X8500HA and UPS- Power Walker VFI 2000RT HID. R-UPS.jpeg

As well as the problems with the UPS - “Flagman” product of the German company Schneider Electric and how I dealt with them.
To be continued...

OP
jororaitchev

jororaitchev

The reason for buying a UPS in my home is power issues specifically; frequent power outages, for about 1/5 to 3 hours, voltage stability problems during thunderstorms.
I stopped at the German company "Schneider Electric", they have been present on the Bulgarian market for more than 25 years, including with built production facilities.
With the start of the UPS, the problems began - terrible noise from the fans above 64 dB., real thresher, annoying, irritating blue light on the LSD display!
U-1.jpg

Naturally I contacted the office in Germany asking the following question;
Do you have software for adjusting the speed of the fans and the LSD display, I received a negative answer, but the company claims that it is a flagship model - Fact!
In fact, I could have returned the product, but the machine has very good features - clean inverted sine wave, protection against surges and voltage drops remote control capability and 90 min power autonomy with working amplifier, receiver and TV.
I decided to replace the fans, of course I lose the warranty at the moment, but it does not concern me.
I opened the machine and found that such a construction could not be created by German engineers, indeed such elementary mistakes in the creation of the architecture of the motherboard and its cooling could be created by some mediocre mind!
The lack of enough space due to the motherboard has made the manufacturer install two different types of fans, the intake 70x70x15mm, and the exhaust 80x80x25mm!
The noise is already constructively embedded in the production of UPS, there can be no difference in the amount of incoming and outgoing air!
Naturally, no technical data on the fans themselves/ even on the official website in Taiwan/, the installation is directly on the case with screws, in one word - horror!
The photo shows / I have marked in red / the reason for installing a small and narrow fan, idiotic…
U-2.jpg

In the next picture;
The yellow line - the factory fans. The blue line - the gaskets for the new fans. The green line - the new “Low Noise” fans.
And a simple solution - cutting out the metal front panel, pulling the fan in the front direction and … we have with the same indicators twins fans in the machine, 80x80x25mm with a noise of 19 dB.
U-4.jpg

U-3.jpg

When I tested the new fans on battery power, the display was blue, but when I plugged the UPS in, it turned red, with a fans error message. The resistance of the new fans is different and the software reports it as a system error, I'll see if I can get through my computer into the service menu to correct, but if I can't - no problem, here's what it will look like;
U-5.jpg

OP
jororaitchev

jororaitchev

J&N SPH Conceptual new project - hemisphere

Attachments

• Inside.jpg
    Inside.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Outside.jpg
    Outside.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 23