• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Musical Fidelity MX-DAC Review (Balanced DAC)

AudioManNewb

My
I don't claim the test to eliminate the possibility of bias, but the notion that there is any such thing as a perfect experiment is absurd. Claiming that the test was "worthless" is not appropriate IMO.
Perfect no, but easily a better way to test yes.

AudioManNewb

Skimming over the comments in this thread is a hoot.

DAC is $999 and performs worse than much cheaper products. I could care less if its audible or not. I will not waste a grand on something that performs like that when they obviously have the money to very very very easily make it perform better than that. I mean would you spend 100 times the amount on 1ply toilet paper than 2ply? Would you spend 100 times the amount on a toyota corolla than a lamborghini? Both examples do the job they where made for but when you can get something objectively better for less why spend more when that can literally translate to $900 more. It is stupid to buy this DAC the engineers should be upset for what they engineered for a grand. No need to defend your bad purchase we all make them it is a part of life. Move on and be better informed for you next purchase.

Top Bottom