• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Music You Strongly Dislike (Just For Fun)

hnash53

In my face brass horns!
Dylan
Rhianna

Dunlavyphile

Forum Donor
1680142896302.png

OldHvyMec

Forum Donor
I've been to a few different New Year festivals and some are quite noisy. Not in a good way either. Usually by the 3rd or 4th hour as a kid
I would managed to get juiced up enough to almost like it. I'd alway wake up hating it (again) the next day but we did chase away the dragon
trying to swallow the moon or something like that. :).

Regards

Ifrit

[C]rap, hip-hop, bluegrass, most of modern pop, Tina Turner (arghhhhhh what a screech), Bernstein, most of Copland, most Dvorak symphonies, Sibelius, probably with the exception of his Violin Concerto.
And anything that played/sung badly.
Separate category – "unjustly forgotten" music. It was forgotten for a reason, most of it, anyway. Don't dig it out from its grave!

Last edited:

Saturn94

Rod Stewart
Stevie Nicks

Can’t stand their voices!

In terms of genres; most rap, metal, and modern jazz where it sounds like someone threw a piano down the stairs.

Chr1

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Like a fair bit of rap, hip hop myself. To the rock crowd that don't, check out Tackhead... They were the studio band behind Grandmaster Flash etc...

Tackhead

The Beautiful South are another hideously bland nightmare of a band

Daverz

Major Contributor
[C]rap, hip-hop, bluegrass, most of modern pop, Tina Turner (arghhhhhh what a screech), Bernstein, most of Copland, most Dvorak symphonies, Sibelius, probably with the exception of his Violin Concerto.
And anything that played/sung badly.
Separate category – "unjustly forgotten" music. It was forgotten for a reason, most of it, anyway. Don't dig it out from its grave!

Props for not just naming the usual dreck and disliking such high quality music.

Pilot

Having briefly suffered through Spotify's "Weekly Top Global", I'd say: Shakira, Yandel, Rema, The Weeknd, Manuel Turizo, d4vd, Eladio Carrion/Bad Bunny, Bizzarap/Quevedo, Tom Odell ...

Chr1

Forum Donor
Most rock operas.

The reason I say most is that I happen to like Bowie and The Who

...And according to Google, apparently Ziggy Stardust, Tommy and Quadrophenia qualify.

(Dayuum...so conflicted.)

Otherwise a mostly awful coke fuelled self indulgent 70s idea imho.

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Avicii .

Not so gringe worthy super bad just almost completely forgettable elevator music :) but it irritates a bit more than normal elevator music .

But in our home country he is seen as some kind of national treasure and they named a whole sports arena after the guy , they could just have picked some random guy of the street , it’s simply nothing special at all with the music.

Have nothing against him while he lived , but the hype is completely puzzling to me ?

Chr1

Forum Donor
Aye. Superstar DJs. WTF.
Was part of the whole acid house, early dance thing late 80s early 90s, after being a teenager in the post punk early 80s. Loved it. Reckon I like about 10% of the EDM or whatever you want to call it now. As with most genres/subcultures, it is now mainstream. Underground becomes mainstream eventually. Don't want to sound like an old fogy but it happens to all styles of music. Old enough to like various types of music now but appreciate the passion/tribalism too.
Hard to be subjective when it comes to things we're passionate about... But, hey we're here cos we love music.

All good.

Last edited:

Inner Space

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
But, have you listened to the Mozart Requiem?
I played it once for an anti-Mozart friend and he ended buying the album.
Yes, you're quite right. Hand on heart, I like the Horn Concertos, love the 2nd movement of the Clarinet Concerto (might have it played at my funeral) and the Requiem is wonderful. But that just makes me more aggrieved - so much dross surrounding a handful of gems. A bit hit and miss, if you ask me.

Jefrpol

Interesting, I'm not really a metalhead but find deathcore ok. Ok it took a concerted effort to get there. How do you go with metalcore and math rock?
Metalcore covers a wide range. I like quite a few of the metalcore/math type bands from back in the day: Dillinger Escape Plan, Drowningman, Botch, Shai Hulud, Converge, Cave In, Bloodlet and Candiria for example. I don't care for the hardcore bands that feel like water-downed death metal like Shadows Fall, All That Remains and anything else inspired by At The Gates. Entombed inspired hardcore, like Black Breath, however, I can get behind.

Timmeon

Billy Joelcore?

Top Bottom