• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Music You Strongly Dislike (Just For Fun)

subframe

This seems to make everyone angry, but Elton John. His melodies are terrible, I can't listen to them without wanting to claw my ears off my head. And the lyrics suck. And I can't stand his voice.

One day early on in the pandemic, I waited in line for about 90 mins to be able to get into my local grocery and shop for food. When I get inside, there are two other people in there, one of whom is an older man who has seemingly never gone shopping for groceries in his life and has no idea how to do it. He also appeared to be unaware that there was a pandemic happening, so he kept coming right up next to me and asking me for help finding stuff, right in my face. There was also an older woman in the store, and in the process of trying to avoid the guy, she and I kept ending up having to sidle past each other in the aisles. It was very uncomfortable. But what made it really really bad, was that Rocket Man came on not once, not twice, but three times while I was in the store, and I couldn't very well just walk out. That one shopping trip must have taken a couple of years off my life.

Puddingbuks

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Anything from coldplay. Terrible.

Galliardist

Major Contributor
1. Peruvian pan flute music.

2. Rap. All rap artists should be enforced to listen Peruvian pan flute music for the rest of their lives.
They're actually called panpipes. That will help you to avoid them. I don't mind them for the music meant for them, but there's a whole genre of using panpipes to play other forms of music and that stuff is maddening.

Your suggestion would lead to lots of rap music with panpipe backing tracks, about rare and expensive panpipes, bling panpipes made out of gold everywhere and a few panpipe players on the wrong end of gang feuds. So probably not really a good idea.

Galliardist

Major Contributor
The Les Humphries Singers. Just don't.

Puddingbuks

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
ABBA, seemed like the Swedish version off the Mamas and Papas crossed over with the Partridge Family.

All Rap Music. Monotonous rhythm, they're not really singing just reciting, violent profane and ugly lyrics, degrading to women, glorifies toxic masculinity, played at 110 db at traffic lights, etc.

Country Music. Never liked it--just not my culture though I do like Dolly and Wilie, and country rock groups like Poco, the original Eagles, etc.

Most modern pop--autotuned atrocities written to a formula. Basically the same songs musically, just reworked, retitled, and given to another no-talent who has the right looks and fits into the right demographic to front this shite. Horrendously recorded, of course.

RHO

Major Contributor
Most black metal: let's make some great music sound completely unlistenable... on purpose. Why?!

Oasis.

jsilvela

hahaha, there it is, there it is! More Than Words by Extreme.

This compilation would sound great in a bonfire.
I would rescue Is This Love by Whitesnake which I like even if it is maudlin metal.

Different genre, but I can't stand REM.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Rap, country, opera, disco and big band music.

Now I've actually heard a few in each genre that I do like, but a very small percentage except for opera. NO OPERA PLEASE! EVER!

Even with opera, there is some music I like as long as they don't sing.

Oh, and Phil Spector Wall of Sound Atrocities. I actually really dig much of the music, but it is in spite of Spector's attempts to make it unlistenable. Would have done him no good were I on the jury.

Last edited:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
ABBA, seemed like the Swedish version off the Mamas and Papas crossed over with the Partridge Family.

All Rap Music. Monotonous rhythm, they're not really singing just reciting, violent profane and ugly lyrics, degrading to women, glorifies toxic masculinity, played at 110 db at traffic lights, etc.

Country Music. Never liked it--just not my culture though I do like Dolly and Wilie, and country rock groups like Poco, the original Eagles, etc.

Most modern pop--autotuned atrocities written to a formula. Basically the same songs musically, just reworked, retitled, and given to another no-talent who has the right looks and fits into the right demographic to front this shite. Horrendously recorded, of course.
I agree with you except for ABBA and I agree with you there too except there was this really attractive young gal who was attracted to me and she liked ABBA, and Bread. So when I hear those I just remember her. Sad I know, but hey, part of life..........I mean I owned 8 tracks of ABBA and Bread.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
This seems to make everyone angry, but Elton John. His melodies are terrible, I can't listen to them without wanting to claw my ears off my head. And the lyrics suck. And I can't stand his voice.

One day early on in the pandemic, I waited in line for about 90 mins to be able to get into my local grocery and shop for food. When I get inside, there are two other people in there, one of whom is an older man who has seemingly never gone shopping for groceries in his life and has no idea how to do it. He also appeared to be unaware that there was a pandemic happening, so he kept coming right up next to me and asking me for help finding stuff, right in my face. There was also an older woman in the store, and in the process of trying to avoid the guy, she and I kept ending up having to sidle past each other in the aisles. It was very uncomfortable. But what made it really really bad, was that Rocket Man came on not once, not twice, but three times while I was in the store, and I couldn't very well just walk out. That one shopping trip must have taken a couple of years off my life.
How can this be? Like in the Big Lebowski, if I were a cab driver and you dissed the Eagles or Elton you'd end up pounding the pavement. :confused:

D

Deleted member 48726

There's a guitar in there? Where?
I admit I had to watch it a dozen times but eventually as I squinted and concentrated real hard I think I saw a glimpse. I have circled it as a helpful service so others don't have to watch the video as many times as I-->

1680073082547.png

JktHifi

I like every music that come from my system at home. No matter it’s Pop, Jazz, Country, Folks, Electronic, etc. Because it’s being pushed by Qobuz.

Top Bottom