• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Music You Strongly Dislike (Just For Fun)

notsodeadlizard

Almost all music in which someone sings (there are exceptions, like Tom Waits etc, but they are not so many).
Almost all rap (except La Coca Nostra).
Well, at least everything that DJs do has nothing to do with music at all. Otherwise, I would have to hate it too.
I don't hate heavy metal, but I once heard something and haven't listened to it since, because it's all exactly the same.
"Good old rock", how fucked up it is.
Pseudo-folk in all its disgusting manifestations.
Yes, I can write an encyclopedia.
(after all, it's just for fun)

Shorty

Almost all music in which someone sings (there are exceptions, like Tom Waits etc, but they are not so many).
Almost all rap (except La Coca Nostra).
Well, at least everything that DJs do has nothing to do with music at all. Otherwise, I would have to hate it too.
I don't hate heavy metal, but I once heard something and haven't listened to it since, because it's all exactly the same.
"Good old rock", how fucked up it is.
Pseudo-folk in all its disgusting manifestations.
Yes, I can write an encyclopedia.
(after all, it's just for fun)
Haha, every time I hear Tom Waits I think: clear your throat or shut up. Obviously, he does neither, so I switch him off.

Reactions: RHO

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I agree with the OP: Bob Dylan mostly ruins his great songs. I'd rather listen to Slash singing his songs, and that says a lot.
I don't really hate any music because if I'm in a specific mood I might like to listen to music I usually don't, like rap, speed metal with growls, or thin femal Schlager music voices.

barbicide shot

• Most heavy metal, but I like some heavier prog rock like Yes
  • Glam metal
  • 2000s era loudness wars hard rock
  • Gansta Rap, Dirty South, and Houston/Atlanta mid-2000s rap
  • Most pop music

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
1680116464722.jpeg
proxy-image
79aece6d-f029-4c50-ac8b-eae50eca6091_SOURCE
1680116391396.jpeg
1680116579955.jpeg

Last edited:

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Quite riot , Slade , Beach Boys ( Barbara Ann ) . Twisted Sister (where not gona take it ) . Staus Quo ( In the army now ) Richie Valens ( La Bamba ) . E-Type

And kid stuff like crazy frog, or mumble rap with auto tune , but that's not creative lets find less obvious stinkers :) We are suffering Eurovison song contest here and the local variants ( melodi festivalen in Sweden ) , its also to obvious , its the DDR of music, artist that could not make real career competes in a separate sandbox :)

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I my worst songs ever include in top tier .

Feliz Navidad

Mickey

:)

Btw sport anthems are also to low of a target :) they are all terrible.

MrSoul4470

Pink Floyd. Absolutely most boring and over estimated band in the world. Horrible.

Tassin

Van "I can't stand the man" Morrison.

I like listening to Radio Paradise, but why do they have to play this terrible whiner a zillion tiles every day? If only he could sing, maybe his song wouldn't be that bad.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Music or Bands?
My short list and why:
Country/Western : NIMBY (equivalent for Ears)
Classical : Parents should know when NOT to IV force-feed kids
Middle-Eastern : What you get when you cross-breed a ukulele with a banjo
Emo : Oh-no!

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
There seem to be plenty of threads on favorite music: best female/male vocalists, best songs by era, discovered artists, well recorded, favorite this or that... but I've seen no threads on music you hate, or dislike if hate is too strong a word. Something you will turn off if it starts playing or you will not listen to.

I had a friend in the late 1970's and early 1980's that absolutely hated Jethro Tull. I don't know what it was about Tull he did not like but he would react violently if someone played Tull. We all knew it. We had another friend that tried to provoke him one day by playing Aqualung when we were partying together. This Jethro Tull hating friend jumped up, grabbed the record off the turntable, and pitched it across the room. It was hilarious.

So you're reaction does not have to be that severe but is there any music you do not like?

I'll go first...

1. Bob Dylan: I absolutely hate Bob Dylan's voice. It is physically repulsive to me. In my opinion he simply cannot sing. He should have stuck to the songwriter part of singer songwriter. He writes beautiful songs but ruins them by singing them.

2. Creedance Clearwater Revival/John Fogerty: John Fogert's voice grates on me. I cannot stand the nasally, whiny quality of his singing. A definite no for me. CCR put out some good songs but I simply cannot listen to them.

3. Conway Twitty/Merle Haggard: I have a very good friend that loves these old twangy country crooners. I cannot stand them. They don't grate on me like Dylan or Fogerty but they'll put me to sleep within minutes.

4. Metal with growling lyrics: I cannot stand growlers. Grrr - makes me cringe. Hate it all.

I know opinions are like a--holes, we all have them and they all stink except our own. These are my opinions. Care to share yours?

Which artists do you dislike?

Martin
Hi Martin,

We don’t do Hate threads. It gets complicated and too emotional. I revised the thread title to tame it down a touch. Thank you for your understanding. ;)

Please feel free to revise it further if you wish. But please avoid the word Hate in the Title.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I revised the thread title to tame it down a touch.
We need a 'touch more' << Can you (please) make it so that those 'disliked' suggestions with youtube links don't take up the whole screen?:cool:
Who'd wanna listen to those, anyways?

D

Deleted member 58722

Hate: The UK National Anthem, The USA National Anthem, anything Eurovision.
Not a fan of: Too many to mention.
Genres: I have, and enjoy, music from many genres but don't like music because it's a specific genre.

Sokel

Master Contributor
Stolen (then again today's music would be non excising if not steeling from classical) / easy old hits covers (original idea someone?) / soundtracks that has ABSOLUTELY no connection to the visual content.

Top Bottom