• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Music with amazing sub bass. Anything goes.

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
At the moment yes. Might reconsider and merge them. But Threads sharing music is kind of what we’re here for. So we let it run without interference. Imho can’t have too many music threads. New life is good for active participation.

OK, agree and well understood your thoughts and policy since I also have on-going similar "audio sampler post series" (always sound spectrum attached) on my project thread here and thereafter.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Anything Industrial is almost a guarantee of low frequencies. This is a classic:

bevok

This album has been mentioned but track 2 “Also Sprach Zarathustra” (2001 A Space Odyssey theme) is my go to when testing bass on a system. Crank the volume and see how soon you hear the initial note (around 25Hz I believe) - good systems I can pick it up around 7 seconds in. The main piece begins at about 21 secs.

Andreas007

Telarc had some great stuff. Listen to the famous Terminator theme in a fantastic interpretation and let your subs experience the T-Rex burp afterwards! :cool:

Inner Space

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This album has been mentioned but track 2 “Also Sprach Zarathustra” (2001 A Space Odyssey theme) is my go to when testing bass on a system. Crank the volume and see how soon you hear the initial note (around 25Hz I believe) - good systems I can pick it up around 7 seconds in.
Yes indeed. With my first system I remember wondering why it took so long for the fanfare to start. Then, with a better system, "OMG there's an organ note there!" (It's C1, in the contra octave, almost 33Hz.) Then, "OMG it's more than an organ note! There's a contrabassoon and a bunch of tuned-down double basses too!" It's perfect for revealing extension and articulation.

The only problem with this and similar cases is they bake in the expectation that new and expensive gear is better - which it definitely true at first - but it leads to a belief that new and expensive will always be better. It's a hard belief for some folk to quit.

steabert

Don't now if it qualifies as sub bass, but if you like electronic then there is a lot of bass in Shameboy's music, especially albums "Hi, Lo, and In Between" and "Heartcore", overall lots of base which goes into 40Hz at times (but not really below that).

"Hi, Lo, and In Between"
Transfur: some very low layers at around 1 minute
Strobot & Slaxx: intros

"Heartcore"
Heartcore: short intro
Monofour: intro (first half minute)
Abfahrer: outro

And Timeless by Goldie, has a distinctive 200-100-50 3x3-note sequence as a read thread throughout the whole song, most obvious around e.g. 9:44-10:30 and 12:00-12:30 (the whole thing is around 20 minutes).

ebslo

Forum Donor
Yosi Horikawa - Bump

Interesting sub bass and infrasonic features 2:00-2:45
02-Bump.flac.png

ebslo

Forum Donor
Tank and The Bangas - Fluff
Sections of clear, simple bassline mostly below 40Hz with a deep... kick?
D1-01-Fluff.flac.png

Tank And The Bangas - Ants
7Hz anyone? I don't even know what's going on here at 3:25.
D1-04-Ants.flac.png

Top Bottom