• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Music in Youtube - Independent channels NPR, Paste etc.

Juhazi

Major Contributor
Oh, how I love to hear minimalistic studio live performances these sites/channels offer! We see and hear aboslute top musicians like Adele, Graham Nash, Joan Osborne etc. and talented amateur singers and groups. Recorded in front of live audience in small club rooms or offices with minimal studio trickery with sound or light.

Please add similar youtube-channels or like in this thread!

This is from NPR Tiny Desk Concert (USA) - Suzanne Vega singing "Luka"

Paste (USA) - and my favourite lady Joan Osborne singing "Buckets of Rain" for

KNKX Public Radio (USA) - Joan Osborne with Holmes Brothers

Last edited:
OP
Juhazi

Juhazi

Major Contributor
Live from Here channel (USA) has an acoustic house band with guests - here Gabriela Moreno singing "La Malagueña"

Last edited:
OP
Juhazi

Juhazi

Major Contributor
Classical seems to be difficult to find, but this is a nice collection of classics

EuroArts Channel presents legendary artists and performances of classical music - Daniel Barenboim playing Beethoven "Sonata No.2 in A major"

Last edited:

garbulky

Major Contributor
I love to see amateur performers on youtube. They are unconstrained by what they have to put out and so put out all kinds of interesting music.

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
There is so much great stuff on youtube, and lots of the live sessions are nice recordings.
KEXP has lots of great sessions.

The current.

Not a channel but very small collection.

Live From The Distillery

kevinh

Bluegrass Gibson Brothers, Traveling McCourys and Sierra Hull's band

Allison Krauss

Tony Rice, Peter Rowan, Sara Gilchrist and Bryn Davies:

Yeah all the nuggests on youtube.

folzag

Great idea for a thread.

Almost 10 years old and almost 4M subscribers, I'm guessing almost everyone here has heard of Post Modern Jukebox, but in case not...

Just one random one of a hundred. ;)

OP
Juhazi

Juhazi

Major Contributor
Jazz night in America channel is hosted by NPR (USA)

World of Jazz (Netherlands) - AVROTROS is a Dutch radio and television broadcaster, founded in 2014 from a merger of AVRO and TROS. From January 1st, 2014 the name of the merged broadcaster was used in joint programmes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom